Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good Evening from Scotland, Stargazers Lounge.

Quenzer

Good evening from a 100% cloud covered Central Scotland, fellow Stargazers. 

I have visited these forums as a guest on occasion over many moons now but have decided it was high time I signed up and took part in the many wonderful discussions here! 

I have just purchased from FLO my first [non-department store] telescope (Skywatcher Skyliner 250PX)  and am very much looking forward to recieving it, setting it up, and embarking on the learning process.  Having been a mostly naked-eye stargazer for most of my life, this is a step I am glad to have finally taken.

Hoping the weather is better where you are! 

Regards,

Quenzer.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks for your warm welcomes and encouragment- Scotttumsh Owmuchonomy / Floater - much appreciated! 

Reading your equipment summaries in your signature sections has been a journey unto itself  ;-)

Glad to meet you. 

Hiya, welcome to SGL :)

As for the weather...... same as you I imagine :-(

Exactly the same as me, Lorne.  ;-) 

On a related note...how might I find / learn more about the 'Central Scotland Observors Group' highlighted in your signature? 

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL. Sitting here clouded out in Glasgow. Oh so frustrating. That's a fine scope you have purchased.

Seems to be the case for most of -nae, all of- Scotland, Laudropb. 

Hope it shifts for you, and us all, ASAP! 

Quenzar, CSOG is a forum based group who meet at a few sites in the Central Belt from Ayrshire, West Lothian through to East Lothian. We are an enthusiastic mix of visual and imaging amateurs who try to arrange meets - usually at short notice if it ever clears!

Google CSOG and once registered you will get access to the meets - observing section. You'd be made more than welcome to pack your gear in the car and join us in them thar hills!!!

L.

Quenzar, CSOG is a forum based group who meet at a few sites in the Central Belt from Ayrshire, West Lothian through to East Lothian. We are an enthusiastic mix of visual and imaging amateurs who try to arrange meets - usually at short notice if it ever clears!

Google CSOG and once registered you will get access to the meets - observing section. You'd be made more than welcome to pack your gear in the car and join us in them thar hills!!!

L.

Thank you for that, Lorne.  I have submitted my registration with the CSOG forum. 

Hi Quenzer and welcome to the forum

Clear skies

Happy to meet you, James M. 

Cheers. 

Hi there and welcome to SGL that's a great scope but remember new gear=clouds.

My girlfriend said something to that effect:

"You do know that you're not going to see the sky for months now, don't you?"  :grin:

Cheers. 

Thanks also to Markj44 and Bunnygod1 for stopping by with their welcomes.  :smiley:

Good evening, all. 

Thanks to everyone for their continued kindness by way of welcoming me to Stargazers Lounge - 'tis much appreciated. 

It looks like my new scope will arrive tomorrow and I'll aim to set it up at the weekend....

....Apologies in advance for the ridiculous amount of cloud cover that will fall over the British Isles as a direct result of said set up! 

Archived