NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGL XI Chit Chat

daz

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Starflyer said:

Will there be a Bring and Buy this year?  We're getting close now and there's usually a thread running by now with all sorts of tempting goodies that people are bringing along to try and sell :D

i'll have a box of books that i dont use anymore mainly visual and and  few nice star atlas's

10 hours ago, Starflyer said:

Will there be a Bring and Buy this year?  We're getting close now and there's usually a thread running by now with all sorts of tempting goodies that people are bringing along to try and sell :D

It was a bit sparse last year, only about three or for of us selling stuff and not many people coming to look but I did sell both items I had
May bring an Altair GPCam mono to sell if I remember :)

Dave

4 hours ago, kerrylewis said:

I have the purpose made aluminium case for the Skywatcher 100ED refractor. I have hardly used it and it's still in good nick. A bit bulky to ship but could bring to SGL. Anyone interested? 

Hi Kerry,

I might be interested. Can you please tell me what the internal dimensions of the case are?

Thanks

Derek

14 minutes ago, DRT said:

Hi Kerry,

I might be interested. Can you please tell me what the internal dimensions of the case are?

Thanks

Derek

Derek

95cm x 26.5cm

I think this is the same case on the FLO website: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/telescope-cases-storage/aluminium-case-for-evostar-100ed.html

Cheers

Kerry 

12 minutes ago, Daniel-K said:

kerry if my RC6 fits in it i will take it. how much you looking for 

Dan

I'll bring it with me so you can try it. If you want it I am sure we can agree on something

Cheers

1 hour ago, DRT said:

Thanks, Kerry. I'm sorry to say it is too small for what I am looking for. I need a case that is around 115cm long to take my Skylight refractor.

Thanks anyway.

Ok Derek.

Just now, kerrylewis said:

Dan

I'll bring it with me so you can try it. If you want it I am sure we can agree on something

Cheers

Ok Derek.

yeah please do currently i have a cardboard box lol it was ok till added all my extension rings and what not. now my imaging train is massive and collimated so if this fits it will be perfect. :hello2:

9 minutes ago, Daniel-K said:

yeah please do currently i have a cardboard box lol it was ok till added all my extension rings and what not. now my imaging train is massive and collimated so if this fits it will be perfect. :hello2:

OK - great. The internal dims are as above. The foam is customised to fit the Skywatcher but can obviously be modified or removed 

Very 

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 13:32, michaelmorris said:

A couple of people have slept in their cars (not recommended - especially in early March!).

Why not? You would have thought it would be warmer in a car than a tent.

Well for me it's either the car or a massive 8 man family tent!:shocked:

On 15 February 2016 at 14:08, Starflyer said:

Yes, we will be having the traditional bring and buy sale. I've started a thread for people to list any litems they may be bringing.

12 hours ago, Joe12345 said:

unless its a estate car I would bring the tent....there will be plenty of people to lend a hand...or just stand and watch you struggle:lol:

2 hours ago, BobSki said:

Do FLO or any other dealers set up a small trade stand at this event?

I have been going since SGL5 and there have never been any trade stands. The only star party that I know of which has them is the Autumn Kelling Heath event.

On 16/02/2016 at 20:59, Joe12345 said:

Metal is a very good conductor of heat, it is also an extremely good radiator of heat (look at the dew and frost on the tube of your scope on a cold night!)  As a result, a car will cool down very rapidly at night.  A tent (even an 8 man one) is going to be much warmer (and more comfortable).  Running your car engine at night to run the heater would make you seriously unpopular with your neighbours and could be dangerous for anyone sleeping in adjacent tents. 

On 18/02/2016 at 07:24, BobSki said:

Do FLO or any other dealers set up a small trade stand at this event?

I don't think the FLO guys are coming this year but I have noticed on previous occasions that they are keen to let people know that when they are at SGL events they are very much off duty and enjoying the rain and clouds as much as the rest of us :wink:

You could still bring some pennies along for the sale that happens on the Saturday. There should be a separate thread somewhere close to this one where people will post what they are bringing.

Archived