NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

23rd August Sun

Montana

I had my hopes pinned on this morning all weekend as the forecast was wall to wall sunshine. It was such a disappointment as the cloud was so thick, but yes I could just about see where the sun was. Certainly I couldn't find it with the Quark, but patience paid off as I managed a 5 minute thinning where I could capture one fairly descent grab of AR12403, it was worth it. I had to the raise the gain a lot to see it though ;)

20804837762_0ae83252e8_b.jpg230815_104703 Sun AR12403 by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

20821343751_936c23e709_b.jpg230815_104703 Sun AR12403 by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

Quark Chromosphere / Grasshopper 3

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely beautiful shot! It's interesting looking at everyone's images of the same region - they all have their own unique qualities and you see things in one that you don't in the others etc. 

David

Thanks everyone for the kind words :) :) :)

As I had plenty of time waiting for thinnish blue patches I decided to have a look down the Quark for the first time, now I know why not to bother, I couldn't get anywhere near focus ;)

Alexandra

Thanks everyone for the kind words :) :) :)

As I had plenty of time waiting for thinnish blue patches I decided to have a look down the Quark for the first time, now I know why not to bother, I couldn't get anywhere near focus ;)

Alexandra

Well I am not sure how much the Quark will offer you visually as you have a DS SF100 which should have less leakage and greater contrast, and 100mm is no slouch already for detail, but I'd love to know if you think the Quark does offer something visually with a touch more aperture.

I am confused why you can't reach focus? No problem getting focus in four of my scopes!

What eyepiece did you use? (I take it you imaging folk know what an eyepiece is :p )

I do own one eyepiece Luke :icon_geek: it is a Pentax zoom 6-19mm I think. I was surprised I couldn't reach focus as well. With the camera I am 1mm before the end of the focuser. Does that mean I need an extension tube on the wedge as well?

Alexandra

Archived