Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sunshine!!!!!

Montana

Wow! I am guessing by all the posts everyone else did too  :blob1:  :blob3:  :blob5:

Finally I had longer than 30 minutes in the Sun and I was able to test the Quark over the full range but that will take a while to process, my gut feeling is that centre line is 4 clicks clockwise from centre.

So the star of the show AR12396 in all three wavelengths

20209408620_dbbda971ac_b.jpg080815_093711 by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

20210828809_a993321be2_b.jpg080815_093711 f colour by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

19781953434_0260b077a8_b.jpg080815_081004 by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

20396012052_235b47fc9c_b.jpg080815_081004 f colour by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

20219110459_867b728880_b.jpg080815_074658 by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

20411927671_95bc766094_b.jpg080815_074658 f colour by Alexandra Hart, on Flickr

Quark Chromosphere, Baader Herschel wedge, Lunt CaK wedge and a Grasshopper 3

Alexandra

Lovely images Alex. It is amazing to see how many people are enjoying solar observing and imaging now, it has taken off as a mainstream part of astronomy now it seems.

Quark is looking good, and your CaK images are amazing!

Superb Alexandra, well worth testing, Cak are a beaut.

Lovely images Alex. It is amazing to see how many people are enjoying solar observing and imaging now, it has taken off as a mainstream part of astronomy now it seems.

Quark is looking good, and your CaK images are amazing!

I can't help feeling that the Quark has had a lot to do with it :grin:

Great collection, Alexandra. We expect no less from you :grin: :grin:

Good to see you getting some clear at last, the weekends have been so cruel at times.

I do hope a Quark image wins something at the next astrophotographer awards. I think it would be good for the hobby, a h-alpha option capable of very detailed shots sub £1k (minus the scope of course). Just hope some of the DSO regulars who have been considering finally bite the bullet. It's not that hard to get a good Quark. Sarah and I have three here between us we are happy with. I would definitely buy from a good retailer though to be safe. I think Sarah's may be the best of our three, typical! :grin:

Must nail down my tuning, I am not sure I am on best, I just hate to experiment before getting the images I want in the bag, by which time it has usually clouded over! Maybe I can compare my efforts from yesterday to someone's who knows what they are doing!

Thanks folks :) :) :) 

Luke are you in with a chance of APOTY? none of mine were even shortlisted this year ;) I'll try again next year with a Quarky shot :)

As soon as I have anaylised all my data I will post the chart and you might be able to match your images on my scale to give you an idea :)

Alexandra

Thanks folks :) :) :)

Luke are you in with a chance of APOTY? none of mine were even shortlisted this year ;) I'll try again next year with a Quarky shot :)

As soon as I have anaylised all my data I will post the chart and you might be able to match your images on my scale to give you an idea :)

Alexandra

I don't believe that, you saying you used all your luck last year

How & where do you send your images for a chance at APOTY ?

I may give that a shot.

through flickr is easy, join astronomy photographer of the year group there main site has instructions http://www.rmg.co.uk/whats-on/exhibitions/astronomy-photographer-of-the-year, not sure if they accepting for 2016 yet this years one will be unveiled 17th September

Great set Alexandra, all these Quark images are contagious, this piece of kit is proving to be a real game changer in solar work, the detail that can now be seen is awe inspiring.

I'm another +1 for the Ca-K images too.

Well worth the wait I'm sure you'll agree

Archived