NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Good to be part of SGL

MarsG76

I'm Mariusz from south of Sydney, Australia. I have been into astronomy ever since I was a kid. Back when I was 13/14 I had a 60mm Tasco refractor... loved it.... always wanted to take photos of the sky. Back then I thought it was as simple as to hook up a camera to the scope, hit the shutter button and I'd end up with the sort of pics I saw in books, boy was I mistaken... lucky I didn't talk my parents into spending the money on the T-mount, T-Ring and film SLR I wanted, because back then it would have been a big expensive waste of money.

During the final years of high school and University and when started to work I gave it up due to busy life and I didn't wake the hobby up and start to get properly setup for astrophotography until 2006. Of course that setup was a gradual evolution, first I got a NexStar 8SE, then got the DSLR adapters, put the 8SE on a CGEM, got a stack of filters and only last year I self modded my canon 300D & 40D. The rest is history.

I'm looking forward to sharing pics and gaining more knowledge as a member of SGL.

Mariusz

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mariusz,

Welcome aboard.....

I think you'll find plenty of like minded people here (me included!), that have rediscovered his hobby aafter many years. What a great time it is as well!

Hi Mariusz and welcome to SGL from another imager! There's a few of us knocking about - Sounds like you've been at it for a while so can certainly teach us a thing or two :D

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hope you soon settle in Marius.  SGL  is a very sociable, and welcoming place.

You will enjoy being here, and hopefully you can improve your Astronomy knowlegde too.

Lots of wise and clever people here, and all willing to help you in any way they can.

We have a number of Australian members here, as well as many other different Nationalities.

Tasco 60mm scopes were quite popular long ago, and many are still in action today I'll bet.

That little instrument gave me my first WOW's of the lunar surface.

Best Wishes.

Ron.

Hi from another aussie although I'm now living in the uk (i stole a loaf of bread so they sent me here ;) ). I'm from the shire myself (Loftus) but moved to the gong before leaving for old blighty 13 yrs ago. enjoy your time at sgl and post some images from those southern skies I miss so much :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived