Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

STARGAZING LIVE 2015 ?

robbie c

March 20th. Definatly booking that one off. Sun almost 85% eclipsed from my location.

http://www.solareclipse2015.org.uk/bristol/

However. Living in Inverness would have been ideal :o)

http://www.solareclipse2015.org.uk/inverness/

Any idea of the eclipse from Dublin?. Astronomy Now is saying about 94%. Im as north as about liverpool.

I just ordered a couple of pair of eclipse glasses. Hopefully ill get to use them on march 20th. If not at least i can do something with them as a solar filter for my 70mm scope. The2nd pair are for my niece. She can use them before school and maybe take them with her and let her class mates have a look while under adult supervision.

I am hoping to publish the details of the eclipse outreach event at SGLX later this week. The event will be staged a few miles away from Lucksall and will be a joint event with Herefordshire Astro Society and Madley Environmental Study Centre. The site has a 360 degree clear horizon - anyway more to follow.

Stu - the eclipse party is open to all those attending SGLX. (there will be others in attendance - Herefordshire AS members + schools etc). I am meeting with the Education Officer from MESC tomorrow afternoon with Helen (fellow GM) to discuss everything. This will include breakfast provision at the site, talks, etc - the eclipse starts early so breakfast provision is a must :smiley:

A new thread detailing the outreach event has been started under SGLX details.

Archived