Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Southern Italy

Cpaulo

Hi I am currently living and working in Italy away from my usual home just outside Tiverton in Devon. We get some really clear skies out here but suffer horrendous light pollution unless we get out into the mountains! I bought a Meade ETX80 a few months ago but the kids and I seem to have got a little bit hooked and I am now on the look out for a more serious setup. I have my eye on the Celestron advanced VX mount but still not sure about OTA. I was refered to the site by Martin at FLO, so that's me, hi one and all!

Welcome to The Lounge.

Interesting to hear that you are in Italy. I see that you are near Napoli - not surprised you suffer from LP! I have family right down in the south in Calabria and am constantly saying that I want to move out there just for the clear night skies! I always wonder what the moisture and haze levels would be like though.

As for what scope to go for... The shopping list will only ever grow! FLO are a mine of help and information and will get you the right piece of kit for your purposes that's for sure. You could of course go for some local Italian products... Officina Stellare are pretty good!

Enjoy those clear skies!

Thank you for the warm welcome one and all. Gav I looked officina stellare and I think theyre just a tad out of my price range but definitely pleasing to look at from an engineer's prospective. I've been doing a fair bit of reading over the past day and I am finding myself rethinking a lot of things with regard to equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived