Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Ayrshire DarkSky National Park.

NeilArmstrong

Good evening to everyone. Firstly, my name really is Neil Armstrong and I am not one to hide behind odd forum names.
Secondly, I am about to move into a new property in southern Ayrshire, Scotland right under the DarkSky Observatory.

I'm about to purchase the "Skywatcher heritage 114p virtuoso 114mm"!!!  Any advice hereon after please would be superb and beneficial?

I've not stared skywards since I was 18 so, comparatively, the new 'scope will be stunning.

I've yet to meet those at the DarkSky Observatory just up the road from me. I wonder if they're already members.

However... Really exciting to find such a forum. Very impressed with membership count and stunning post count as well as  the diversity of optical interest as I am also a near-fulltime microbiologist in the field of freshwater plankton.

Best wishes and greetings to all.

Neil.

(p.s. please forgive double post. I added an incorrect entry into someone elses "Hello from..."  post. Noting like starting off on the wrong foot. :eek: )

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Neil and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here. You'll have some great skies that's for sure. You could download the free planetarium programme Stellarium, that would give you a bit of a heads up as to what is where in the sky. As an imager, I don't get the visual thing at all but I am sure that you will have a ball :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

to quote Monty Python you Lucky Lucky Lucky [removed word]

I had the privilege of getting up to loch doon a couple of weeks ago
been over 20 years since I had seen the Milky Way I did that night
Oh if your into fishing the loch has some decent trout as well and free to fish if the cloud rolls in

Archived