Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Confess ? Who's been buying gear ?

cotterless45

I bought an AZ EQ6 and a ZWO ASI 120MC for some planetary imaging. Kit's not been outside yet or even seen a planet since it arrived. Still, been fun setting it up and sorting out problems with drivers so it raring to go as soon as there's clear skies.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought an Atik one 6.0 with off axis guider kit and have only managed to set it up and take one night time sub because of the rubbish weather and light nights

Darren

@SalAstroSoc & @astronut1639

www.salfordastro.org.uk

sorry yes, it must be. :grin:

And what's more, he's tempted me into sinning as well! Shameless!! He made me buy his 13mm Ethos. I had no choice.

Relatively recently I've bought one or two tiny treats as well. A two seater ragtop, an Avalon mount and a pair of decent sunglasses (which actually are much better than my supermaket regulars...)

For those of you wishing to join in this orgy of retail therapy I will be funding the Avalon by selling quite a few other items.  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  Nobody is safe from temptation on SGL!

Olly

PS, My final confession is that the weather is warm and sunny and the last two nights have been all nighters. So what's my excuse? None, m'lud. Bang me up without remission, m'lud...

Nothing astro related that I bought recently,  how boring  of me. That said a big parcel arrived in the form of a piano last week no less. That should have caused some thunder storms, Lifting that thing up the stairs in bits was only a reassuring thought that made me think, pfft, a 16 inch Dob is toy weight, I can do that  :grin:

My finger slipped on the mouse button & I accidently clicked the "add to basket" button for a 5mm Omegon LE Planetary eyepiece. In my desperate attempt to get out of the situation I must have also accidenty entered my address & credit card details too because it arrived on my doorstep a few days ago. These computer thingies have a mind of their own sometimes. It probably also explains how I somehow managed to email a chap on 'Astronomy Buy & Sell' about his WO 7mm UWAN.... that also arrived in the post today but fortunately the wife was out at the time  :grin:

it's amazing how fingers and mouse can become their own GOTO.  Happens to me when a good bargain is seen sometimes  :grin:

This may or may not be the custom package I just picked up that The Widescreen Centre put together for me which includes the Takahashi 60 and the FC-76 objective upgrade with a new light weight Feathertouch focuser on the back.

post-24651-0-15180400-1401367416_thumb.j

I had my Nexus push to system delivered from Oz a couple of days ago and my FeatherTouch focuser + SIPS is on the way from America......and my scope is currently in bits with clear skies forecast for tomorrow so I'd better get a wriggle on an put it all back together! :)

Sounds like I might've been to blame :icon_pale:   I didn't know that it would have fallout for others:

May 28th:   HEQ5 Pro Synscan

May 21st:   Evostar 120

May 15th:   Just a couple of small TeleVue eyepieces

In the interests of 'balance'  I should point out that my car blew up on May 29th leaving me stranded on the M1 at 2 a.m. in the pouring rain...

"Justice" I hear you say

One of these landed this week to go into my recently acquired 115mm triplet:

tsred379-80_foc.jpg

TS Photoline 3" reducer

It's an absolutely massive lump of glass. I like the fact that it screws into the focuser and that the OAG/filterwheel/camera then screws into the reducer. No more crummy thumbscrews and paranoia about £2k of wheel, filters, camera dropping out of the focuser on a cold night.

Predictably enough its been cloudy since I got the scope. The only time it hasn't been cloudy it's been raining. :mad:

One of these landed this week to go into my recently acquired 115mm triplet:

tsred379-80_foc.jpg

TS Photoline 3" reducer

It's an absolutely massive lump of glass. I like the fact that it screws into the focuser and that the OAG/filterwheel/camera then screws into the reducer. No more crummy thumbscrews and paranoia about £2k of wheel, filters, camera dropping out of the focuser on a cold night.

Predictably enough its been cloudy since I got the scope. The only time it hasn't been cloudy it's been raining. :mad:

Awesome.

You've gotta take a few pics through that and post em up when you get the chance, very interested to see just how good it is.

Archived