Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Confess ? Who's been buying gear ?

cotterless45

I tell my wife that buying Astronomy equipment is a good investment and that it's value increases with each coming year.

Yes...I'll have to tell her the truth someday but I've been withholding info in order to spare her feelings.

Yeah...right...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to fess up. It hasn't stopped raining here for days and nights. I suspect there must have been a load of boxes opened.

Nick.

OK, here in southern Spain we've had 1 rainy day in the past 6 weeks < ducks to avoid rotten tomatoes, eggs, bricks, umbrellas being thrown at my head>

I've been looking for a Dob for a while and eventually found a nice "little" 12-inch job at a reasonable price. Better still, the shop is only 100km away. So I placed the order this morning.

And ....

The thunderstorm has just finished: 7 cm of rain in 2 hours and hail stones 2 cm across.

I can hear the laughter from here.

My 2nd hand EQ3-2 seems to actively repel clouds. Turned up Thursday and it's been clear 3 nights out of 6 so far, with tonight and tomorrow forecast to be good as well. Haven't seen so many clear nights since I was in Menorca.

I'm making hay while the Sun (well, actually Moon) shines, in the certain knowledge that the weather gods are going to catch up with me sooner rather than later.

Hmmm, I may be partly responsible.  This little lot arrived mid-late April, and I've barely seen a clear sky since then...

Also suspected of involvement (but not pictured), SW Explorer 200PDS and HEQ5 Pro :smiley:

cheers

martin

post-33692-0-93787400-1402676823_thumb.j

Allegedly, I may have purchased a solar filter, a Losmandy pattern Celestron dovetail to fit on top of the CPC800, a set of tube rings for the ST102 and a pair of ADM Losmandy adapters.

I may also have ordered a 70Ah deep cycle battery and may also be purchasing a 2" Baader solar continuum filter very shortly.

My poor wallet needed a hug so i had to stop buying even more shiney things

Archived