Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Confess ? Who's been buying gear ?

cotterless45

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might have bought a second hand 80mm shorty and camera tripod to pop in the suitcase for Corfu in a few weeks time.. but didn't come in a box so i'm not sure it qualifies... does it?!

Actually now I think off it, it did start to rain whilst I was making the "exchange" Hmmmmmmm

Just thinking - probably someone with a new shiney solar scope.

Otherwise it would be clear during the day and clouds in the evening/night.

So: It's all the fault of the solar people!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just thinking - probably someone with a new shiney solar scope.

Otherwise it would be clear during the day and clouds in the evening/night.

So: It's all the fault of the solar people!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

I have a Lunt 60 on the way, sorry!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

maplin case,and 16 new eye pieces. yes thats correct:16. still waiting on 2 more boxes from US to arrive this week or next week and I am DONE.

then through out the summer month,dob`s mirror will be going to Orion optics for reconfiguration and re-coat.

My sincere apologies to every one for the foul weather. :D 

I am picking up a new Takahashi tomorrow so I apologise in advance.  Perhaps I will leave it in the box for a few days to try an allowed these recently released packing clouds time to dissipate before I add to them.

Not too bad,

A second hand TV 25mm plossl

Pluck foam to revitalise my eyepiece case

A roomy second hand off ebay, Lowepro Nova camera accessories bag for finderscope, telrad etc.

On your marks... Wait for it.... Wait for it... OK, my "Payday" is at approx. 6 p.m. :D

Nothing too extravagant: A repurchase (Hmm!) of a 2" Barlow, a 1.25" extension... 

Getting back into a bit of electronics, so an Arduino "micro" + sundry components. ;)

"Accidently" bought a second hand TS Optics (see http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p5964_TS-90mm-f6-6-FPL-53-Triplet-SuperApo---2-5--focuser---3-focus-positions.html)

in carbon fibre. The whole setup including rings,diagonal,EP and RDF come out at just over 3.5kg.

Perfect for my Nexstar SE mount.

Currently evaluating against my trusty Kson 1026ED with a view to "thinning the herd"- have 4 scopes now, but will probably decide to keep the lot!

My finger slipped on the mouse button & I accidently clicked the "add to basket" button for a 5mm Omegon LE Planetary eyepiece. In my desperate attempt to get out of the situation I must have also accidenty entered my address & credit card details too because it arrived on my doorstep a few days ago. These computer thingies have a mind of their own sometimes. It probably also explains how I somehow managed to email a chap on 'Astronomy Buy & Sell' about his WO 7mm UWAN.... that also arrived in the post today but fortunately the wife was out at the time  :grin:

Archived