NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Imaging with the 130pds

Russe

On 26/10/2020 at 23:02, Spaced Out said:

Last night I used the TS GPU CC for the first time with narrowband filters. Unfortunately I had a terminal issue with my autoguiding, I managed just 3 subs before spending 3 hours failing to diagnose a PHD2 problem ! 

Anyway here's one of the subs with a quick and dirty process. Pacman neb Ha.

Very, very  good! I'm starting to suspect there is something wrong with the optics of my pds...

Is it possible to share a single unprocessed-uncalibrated sub? (the best one in terms of fwhm...)

40 minutes ago, StamosP said:

Very, very  good! I'm starting to suspect there is something wrong with the optics of my pds...

Is it possible to share a single unprocessed-uncalibrated sub? (the best one in terms of fwhm...)

No probs, I'll DM.

This evening, I have used for the first time the Bathinov 3D mask (model found on this post)

Images are attached, I am happy, it is better than old one I have got. 

Many thanks to the person who have made this 3D model & the person who share it on this post.

New_Bathinov_mask.jpg

New_Bathinov_mask_2.jpg

• Like 1

The 130pds strikes again!

This is from 28/10, imaged under a 94% moon. I did this one a year ago and accidently cut off the bottom, so it's always been on the list to go back and have another go. This is a HOO blend using the ASI1600MM Pro, with 80x60sec at gain 250 on both channels.

880251165_EasterVeilHOO201028.thumb.jpg.ddf71e0fca6e3bc662da46ff67bb807a.jpgHOO_clone.thumb.jpg.d76ad0c5f949f2170c8fc1c1c6233cf8.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Anthony1979 said:

Hi... I will be using a d5600 with the 130pds... Which coma corrector will suit this

Hi, if you search back through this thread there are a few discussions about coma correctors for the 130PDS.

Two of the most popular seem to be the Baader MPCC Mk3 and the Skywatcher 0.9x coma corrector.

I had this left over from my old set up and never got round to stacking/processing. A Meteor shooting through Andromeda. A lucky capture.

This was using the 130PDS on an EQ3Pro with a Canon EOS200D. If memory serves, it was around 150x60s subs.

Abdromeda Meteor 1.jpg

Andromeda Meteor Close 1.jpg

• Like 5

Had break in the clouds this evening. Not bad for 55 mins. I lost a few frames due to clouds. I'll add some more data to this next time I can get out.

Letter Y Cluster
11 x 300 Lights @ ISO1600
10 x Darks
30 x Bias
30 x Flats
30 x Dark Flats

Skywatcher 130PDS - HEQ5 Pro - Canon EOS60Da - Astronomik CLS Filter - Baader MPCCIII - Orion 50mm Guide Scope + Orion Star Shoot Auto Guider

Letter Y Cluster.jpg

Edited by Jamgood
  • Like 6

Out with the 130PDS the other night, a bright moon but that gave me an opportunity to try my hand at ‘proper’ narrowband for the first time.

This is my first ever colour image produced using NB filters with the ZWO ASI 1600. Just feeling my way around with this mono camera tbh, lots more still to learn, particularly with image calibration/processing.

NGC 281 - Pacman Nebula

20x 300s Ha, 20x 300s Oiii, 10x 300s Sii

+ 50x Darks, 20x Flats and 20x Dark Flats for each filter.

pacman.thumb.jpg.5b21a04cdef642b3291af9283b7e456f.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A brief bit of clear sky at 2am. Thought I'd have a quick set up and have a few practice shots on Orion, framing, etc. Managed to grab 35 minutes worth of data between the clouds and the wind. Shooting at ISO1600 completely blows out the core but I'm well impressed at the amount of information in such a short exposure time.

When we ever get another good night, I'm going to enjoy spending some time on this one, shooting at different ISO's.

Orion Nebula 2.jpg

• Like 8

Just messing around with the 130, had the idea to mask off the primary a little in order to "buy" that last corner and I think it worked! :) I think losing a stop hasnt hurt anything tbh:

10x450 (x2 panes) Ha 2x2bin (3.4" p/p) - No calibration

Cal_test_100_2.thumb.jpg.87f3ac7db30a8b067e3d412e6a45b51a.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Just messing around with the 130, had the idea to mask off the primary a little in order to "buy" that last corner and I think it worked! :) I think losing a stop hasnt hurt anything tbh:

10x450 (x3 panes) Ha 2x2bin (3.4" p/p) - No calibration

Cal_test_100_2.thumb.jpg.87f3ac7db30a8b067e3d412e6a45b51a.jpg

How did you mask off the primary? I've been thinking about this lately. Better collimation has helped a bit but I'd like to rid those mirror clip spikes. 

Stars look great is that image. Well done. 👍

Edited by Jamgood

23 minutes ago, Jamgood said:

How did you mask off the primary? I've been thinking about this lately. Better collimation has helped a bit but I'd like to rid those mirror clip spikes. 

It was about 20mm, which takes it to f5.9. Not really any meaningful difference to the amount of exposure I give it.

Masking off Ive found, does make collimation easier too. All it is is just a black cardboard ring, that ive stuck to the mirror clips. Simple, but effective. We all know that systems that are of a higher focal ratio have less coma, so... what about adjusting it to a slightly higher (but tolerable) FR so there is less work for the coma corrector to do - in turn giving you a larger useable field.... in this case 100% coverage of a KAF8300 (22mm diagonal).

However, a complete new set of flats would be required.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Masking off

Or simply remove the mirror clips and retain the mirror with three generous helpings of silicone sealant. Eliminates lateral movement too; good collimation at all angles.

Cheers

Edited by alacant
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Jamgood said:
Orion from last night. Very pleased with this one.
12 x 300 - 12 x 30 - 12 x 10 Lights
12 x Darks for each set of Lights
30 x Bias
30 x Flats

Orion2.jpg

wonderful image! more I look more appealing it becomes

How did you combine the 3 different exposures into 1? Did you simply chuck them all into the stacker? Or stacked separately first, then combined, if so which software did you use for the final integration?

Edited by lnlarxg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lnlarxg said:

wonderful image! more I look more appealing it becomes

How did you combine the 3 different exposures into 1? Did you simply chuck them all into the stacker? Or stacked separately first, then combined, if so which software did you use for the final integration?

Thank you.  I am proud of this one. :)

Everything was stacked in DSS. Each set of Lights in there own Group with the relevant Darks, etc.

Post processing done in Photoshop.

👍

• Like 1

On 23/11/2020 at 14:46, Jamgood said:

I used this handy 3d print file and some velcro to mask my mirror clips....... it works well 👍

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spaced Out said:

I used this handy 3d print file and some velcro to mask my mirror clips....... it works well 👍

Cheers for that @Spaced Out. That would be perfect and better than anything that I could come up with.

I'll see if I can find somewhere local to 3D print it for me. 👍

23 hours ago, Jamgood said:

Cheers for that @Spaced Out. That would be perfect and better than anything that I could come up with.

I'll see if I can find somewhere local to 3D print it for me. 👍

Try speaking to teoria_del_big_bang on here (steve), he did mine for me, top bloke !

https://stargazerslounge.com/profile/57911-teoria_del_big_bang/

Edited by Spaced Out
  • Like 2