Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Bought and received my Skywatcher NEQ6 Pro mount yesterday along with a Skywatcher 12v 17ah power supply. This is my first goto mount (had a non computerised EQ5 previously). We've updated the firmware, balanced the scope and tried playing around with the slewing on the hand controller. The mount will only slew in certain directions and not in others dependant on the starting orientation of the telescope. Declination seems to be the biggest culprit. Also is it supposed to sound so loud when it slews/doesn't slew? Any advice would be appreciated, we are out of ideas about how to get it to work or what we could try. Thank you!
Hey guys, the dark nights are soon returning here in Denmark! (The major downside of living at 57 latitude) And I am going to be buy a small upgrade, the Skywatcher 150PDS Newtonian. I am going to use it both visually and for astrophotography, hence this version. I do already have the T-ring for my Nikon and a T-adapter, BUT, I wanna know if there is an adapter that provides a better grip on the t-adapter, that is low-profile and fits the Skywatcher?
Something like the Baader click-lock? I've always been scared of the telescope dropping my DSLR, when it hangs in weird positions, and would rather eliminate that fear.
The different adapter sizes and threads confuse the hell out of me though, so I'd rather ask here on what you'd think I need. I have both a 2-inch and a 1.25inch t-adapter, but as I've heard, using the 2-inch should solve vignetting issues, so I might go for a 2-inch locking adapter. (So far I've been using the 1.25-inch, as I needed a barlow to gain focus with my current 130mm celestron newtonian.
Having purchased a skywatcher 200p dobsonian telescope at the end of last year i feel it was time to start modifying it. This is a thead about all the modifications i have done so far and any that i plan to do. It might help others who have purchased the same scope ( i certainly needed help ) The first thing i noticed was i was struggling sometimes to locate objects in the 9x50 finderscope due to the stars sometimes being dim due to light pollution even using the both eyes method. So the first modifications was to install a rigel quickfinder. I mounted this ontop of the existing 9x50 finderscope. When all three are lined up (scope, finderscope and rigel) it makes putting objects in the scopes field of view alot easier!! (I especially like the illuminated circles )
Here is the first modification. I know its to the scope and not the mount but the rest of the thread will be about the mount.