NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol I just seen the moon for a brief second before it vanished behind cloud but I am heartened, first thing I've seen since the 26th
hopefully the weather forecast is good and the broken cloud turns to clear skies, even for an hour or two

Should have some rain this Month, April showers, that should bring the lawnmowers out, and let the weeding commence. 

I`ll tell you one thing for nothing. in 21 Years, I've never seen a Winter as mild as this one this far North. I'm still expecting some winter weather ? There's still time up here, although above 300Mts, the ski resorts have had some snow!

Should have some rain this Month, April showers, that should bring the lawnmowers out, and let the weeding commence. 

I`ll tell you one thing for nothing. in 21 Years, I've never seen a Winter as mild as this one this far North. I'm still expecting some winter weather ? There's still time up here, although above 300Mts, the ski resorts have had some snow!

This has to be the mildest winter for snow and ice that I can remember, just seems to have been one long Autumn.

Broken cloud here now, with only the odd star here and there. I did see the moon, but it had a halo which suggested either high cloud or still some dust in the air.

The sky's still too light for DSOs, even if the cloud does clear.

May buy my imaging kit while it's too cloudy and moon lit so the clouds will have run their course before it gets dark again.

Hooray. Had an hour looking upwards between the clouds. Strangely I saw Jupiter clearest I have ever seen it. Must be getting used to using scope. Still a lot of shake when I focus though. Pretty certain I was looking at Mars. Lovely colour, and the Moon was its beautiful self. Then the cloud came back and that was it. 

Would hanging a weight on the Tripod help keep it still. it is an EQ2. ?

I hate the BBC weather ap - 4 weeks with a scope and only 1 week's worth of decent viewing time.....then the ap has been teasing me all day - even says it is clear now, but a good old fashioned glance out of the window says no.....I'll have to appease myself with a trip to B&Q tomorrow to start getting some bits together for a barn door tracker..... :grin:

BBC says broken cloud now clear in an hour
fair enough just seen mars for a moment and a few stars in some clear sky but not enough to do anything useful

hope the hour gap is accurate, I'll take any viewing right now got both Camera's ready do planetary or DSO I just need some clear sky

Had the same as Old pink. A glimpse of a few stars early on, Stuck it out as it was quite mild. An our has great sky, Glad I did one of my best sessions thus far.  First mag 11 stars with the evo chuffed.

The BBC weather app as usual was inaccurate, it was showing clear, but the cloud looked very plentiful and didn't appear to be going anywhere soon. I stood in the garden and looked up at the Moon, it was like looking at it through grease proof paper! As I had worked the previous 3 nights I was very tired anyway, so went to bed. Poor forecast for next two nights then I'm on'nights' again!! Will I get to see Mars this Spring....... It's not looking good!?

After my last post I gave it up as a bad job when I saw a thick bank of cloud coming over. Got up at 4 o/c for a leak, looked out of the bedroom window, beautifully clear. Argh! I should have had more confidence in the forecast which said clear from 12 o/c.

Rainy weekend hasn't stopped it seems like I ain't had a tidy nights observing for a while now! And that Sahara pollution the other day well my car was stinking didn't do my chest any good to!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping this week would provide a decent night, Wednesday/Thursday was looking promising but as we get closer the forecast is looking less good  :rolleyes: I want to catch Mars again before it rushes off  :smiley:

That is the biggest Bar-B-Que I've ever seen!!!!! lol. ;) Wish I had room for one. :(

OH yeah they do them big up there. Open the top and slap a metal 5-bar gate on, chuck a Highland cow on (preferably dead) and light the fire underneath. Yum.

ChrisH

Archived