Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had fog all night, it has started to clear now but far too much moisture in the air to go out.

Yup, I tried a lunar full disc and everything was wringing wet within ten minutes :(

James

Thin mist which will drop out as heavy dew as the temperatures drop a little. Moon looks OK-ish but causing a total wipe-out of everything else. I'm just taking a new set of flats instead instead of trying to image in this.

ChrisH

last night I had a rare night off, the forecast gradually deterioted from 3 hours clear sky (reported in the morning), to 1 hour clear sky (reported about midday) to partly cloudy (reported at around 7pm). However as I was only planning on setting up the OAG "partly cloudy" was acceptable, unfortunately partly cloudy means totally cloudy and I couldn't even see the Moon :(, oh well next free night is Thurs next week, maybe then it will be clear 

Keith

Well I just ordered some new bits and pieces for my scope so it's safe to say the next week or so will be cloudy!!!

id say the next month or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The weather is right back at square one now. Not that we've seen much clear sky during the settled spell :(

Dismal westerly flow again. Quite a lot of rain over the next few days but it looks like becoming a Polar Maritime air mass later in the week. Perhaps some nice clear nights ...between the showers?

Looks quite promising here this evening.  Unfortunately from the point of view of astronomy I am taking the kids to their swimming club.  Hopefully it will still be clear when I get home...

James

Seems it is not to be.  The sky is clear after a fashion, but there's a lot of hazy cloud and the seeing is dreadful.  Not the end of the world, really, as whilst the kids are doing their training I plough up and down the pool for an hour as well, so I'm feeling a bit weary at the moment :)

James

Was amazed to actually see some stars last night, the first time in over a week.

It was far too windy to get the scope out and the patchy clouds were rushing overhead, however I did get the bins out for a few minutes to see Mars and the moon.

There was a break in the clouds last night but the seeing looked terrible so didn't bother. Have had my solar filter for 3 weeks and only got to use it once. Its currently raining. this place is a joke haha

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Archived