Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

50% cloud here, but clear skies are forecast from 2pm until 1am.  Such has been the weather over the last six months that I'm not really allowing myself even a crumb of hope however.  I'll believe it when it happens.

James

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can vaguely remember viewing Saturn last night but the viewing was terrible because I was

A) drunk

B) had left my mak to cool for about 30 secs :)

Can't really remember much apart from the fact that my shoes were dirty haha. Looks really good today so hopefully I'll get a good viewing (to be fair, it was sunny then it started snowing and now its sunny again...).

Clear skies everyone.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Supposed to be clear here tonight after the showers have died away, and temperatures due to plummet so frost and ice to contend with. No wind to speak of though, and the moon will be up late and low on the horizon. So overall it looks promising and fingers-crossed expect to set up just before it goes dark.

ChrisH

Yep its forecasting clear skies down here in Devon, time will tell.

If only the weather and the moon could get together and arrange a clear, mild, early rising moon......Obviously with prior notification  :grin:

ahem not asking too much is it?

So far so good. Just popped my mak outside to cool so I'll watch the football and have another look. Will probably be raining though be the time I go back out... :)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Wahey!  I am out doing my first ever proper LRGB imaging runs on Jupiter.  More work is going to be required as I'm only working at about f/15, if that, but I am at least getting data.  What quality that data might be given the lateness of the hour I'm really not sure, but I do at least feel as though I've made progress this evening.

James

Nice one James - look forward to some data on this.

Squeezed a very quick hour in tonight - fabulous transparency, but the seeing was not as good as last night.    Looks like it might settle later on, so good luck for anyone out there burning the midnight oil.    Seeing might be better tomorrow/tuesday nights, but cloud looking more of an issue - good luck!

Looks as though it may well be very gusty here too, but I've just set up the NEQ6 in the lee of the house so I should have a passable view of Jupiter and Mars in a certain amount of shelter assuming the forecast can be trusted.

James

ne6 pro what a mount it's what I use and it does perform well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it was a beautiful clear sunny day didn't last long it's hammering down now and it's cold! Think it's back :( and Saturday went on my routine weekend 15 mile walk and all the way round perfect got to my house hail rain the lot not good!

Looking at the charts for the rest of the week it looks like a very chilly easterly is going to settle in.

It looks like dry continental air so, other than the moisture it pick up of the north sea there could be some clear skies coming!

Might be grim on the east coast though.

Looking at the charts for the rest of the week it looks like a very chilly easterly is going to settle in.

It looks like dry continental air so, other than the moisture it pick up of the north sea there could be some clear skies coming!

Might be grim on the east coast though.

ohh I hope so :)

I've had my new 130 p Explorer in the house for over a week now, and my new BST 12mm ED Explorer EP arrived this morning. and I haven't been able to get outside at all. :( the weather is horrendous for Stargazer's. need to win the lotto, and move to somewhere sunnier. ;)

Clear Skies ( Hopefully) Everyone. :)

Sadly the models are introducing a lot of cloud in the now convoluted easterly flow.

We can only hope....

lets hope it does clear soon. We've gotta have some luck soon surely!!

No point in complaining. Get out there any chance you get, even if it's only for half an hour. Use binoculars if there's too much cloud and try to look at objects in the clear areas.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

Archived