Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

This morning the forecast was for a clear afternoon from about 3pm and then clear sky until about 4am.

We've still not managed clear sky and the clear spots in the forecast are getting increasingly squeezed out by cloud :(

I have the C9.25 out on the mount already, but I'm not massively hopeful.  Unless that large mass of cloud off the west coast of Ireland starts moving more northward I'm struggling to see that it won't be spending a lot of the night over us :(

James

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still broken cloud here. The mak is still out, hopefully coming down to equilibrium.

And Amazon didn't deliver, got an email saying they tried, but as I've been indoors all flippin' day, they didn't try very hard. Gave them a piece of my mind on the 'phone.

Oddly enough I've been waiting for two Amazon Prime deliveries today.  The one I ordered later has arrived.  The one I ordered first hasn't, despite being "out for delivery" all day.  We don't tend to miss delivery attempts either, what with there being at least three people here pretty much all the time.  They only extended our membership by yet another month a week ago too, having failed to delivery something next day the week before.

James

Looks like Auntie Beeb called it right this time. The broken clouds have cleared and it's wall-to-wall blue. Getting chilly though and a half moon has wiped out any imaging, so I guess it's visual with the mak tonight.

Looking very nice down here at the moment. Scopes been out for ~60 minutes cooling down, should be dark enough in ~60 more minutes. Very nervous about this session as my front lens was looking a bit messy after the last session and it was showing up when I did imaging of Jupiter using the barlows. Going against everything which is said in 'Turn Left at Orion', and all the other books, I decided to clean it. Very nervous with what I see when I try it out tonight.........

Knocked it on the head for tonight. The moon's now over the neighbouring houses and is boiling nicely, while any DSOs are wiped out by the moonlight.

Still, I got the last bit of collimation done on the mak, so the moon was looking fabulous, I even took the mag up to x600, and it wasn't a disaster.

The quattro is still outside tonight awaiting the promised clear spells, the weather forcast now has been revised tonight from clear to partly cloudy. They don't need satellites and super computers for this, all they have to do is put their heads outside of the window and look and that is probably what they did. 

Regards,

A.G

The sky has cleared a bit now, so I'm having a crack at Mars.  It's very wobbly though :(

Saturn is peeking at me over the barn roof too, but I'm not sure I can stay awake long enough for that.

James

Wooohoo! Finally got some nice clear skies last night - although I didn't have much time to play - just an hour, but some great views of the Moon and even had some of the nicest views of Jupiter I've ever had with my 8mm BST, so that was worth it! Nearly 3 weeks of being frustrated and just an hour can rekindle the excitement to new levels....even started on the "spring skies" section of Turn Left at Orion and found the Beehive cluster/Praesepe in Cancer.....which was cool.....even for a 1 Dob-rated object in the book! :-)

Maybe its time to start learning about the moon a bit more now she/he is making a comeback!

Still beautiful blue sky here. I'm a little annoyed with myself, I got up 3 o/c to take a leak and had a look out of the window. Very clear. I asked myself if I was awake enough to get the 'scope out again, perhaps image, but went back to bed instead. I think the prospect of getting layered up again put me off.

Well the weather was suppose to be nice for Saturday it rained instead!! Woke up Sunday morning now and it's a beautiful clear day so bit of luck it will be clear tonight for a session. arujapez.jpgga3ytu6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks the same here Skooby, and 'Astro Panel' says, it's the same through till tomorrow morning. I really ,really hope so, would love a good nights viewing :tongue:

i hope so it's beautiful now was let down yesterday with rain and thick cloud and mist. But it's looking promising so let's hope!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived