SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking clear here for tonight, but with a full moon and all the clag in the air I don't know.....

May have a look at the moon with the QHY, just to make sure it's in focus on the ST80.

Well that didn't last long :mad:

Managed to refine focus on my guide scope, but anything more has been wiped out by the full moon and some thin high cloud (May even be contrails, I hate Heathrow). Brought the kit in and am just going to get de-layered.

Last night we had clear sky but I couldn't go out as I faithfully promised her indoors that I would put up all the blinds and curtains removed for our ongoing installation of new double glazing. I managed a quick half hour around midnight with binos, just checking out the moon, Mars and a neighbours windows....wait, wrong discussion group!

Anyway, today the workmen finished so I got the telescope out and did my collimation with a view to a peaceful evenings viewing as it was gorgeously sunny and I anticipated another nice evening. By 6pm it was 100% cloud cover, and I see its not clearing at all tonight. 

It's a conspiracy!

Tonight and Sunday night not looking too bad in the south west.  I'll have to see it to believe it tho, pouring at the moment.

Been very mixed over this way.  Grey cloud earlier, then rain, now broken heavy cloud, but no gaps worth attempting a solar image through.

James

Come full summer we won't have * any* hours of full dark.

Really?

Mind you I think I have only used my old small scope for planets and the moon in summer, I only got my proper kit recently.

When does it become pointless getting the scopes out?  And when can we expect to bring them back out.  (I am from South Africa originally and still struggle with the changing length of day malarky.)

I got a new scope on 11 April and, believe it or not, have used it 3 YES 3 times! As  many as that you cry....

Peter

Yes I've been feeling that way of late but since I got my first scope in start of March I've managed to get out more but I'm easily please just to point the scope into anything Black/Grey/Orange. I hauled out my heavy Dob lastnight at 9pm, mainly to test my BINs (now attached as a FS to the FS Mount) and get more familiar with FOV and my new Star Map. I did look at Jupiter and briefly at Mars before the high cloud made it all a bit pointless at 10:30pm. But it was still fun.

Archived