NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2014: What are you looking forward to observing?

Kirscovitch

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt I think you are lucky in 2014 to have 2 total lunar eclipses which are not really visible in the UK although I understand that the April eclipse is just possible at Moonset.

For me there are a few objects that I need to view from the Herschel 400 list which are a bit difficult from the UK because they are below -30 Dec. I would like to view the Horse Head Neb again - perhaps at the SGL star party in early April!!!

More or less anything.

Last night was typical, at 9:30 a few stars peeking throiugh the high haze, at 10:30 less stars, the haze was a little bit denser.

Could make out Rigel, Betelgeuese, Pleaides and the big bright stars, but the Hyades around Aldebaren was lost.

Classed as a Clear sky but not suitable to observe.

Anything will do really, since I got my scope in the Summer I've probably had about 4 or 5 nights worth of viewing which is pitiful! Saturn will hopefully be visible for me, more Jupiter will be nice, any Galaxies would be cool!

I would like to add a few more Messiers to my list. I'm up to 44 at the moment. Also i just love doubles, so a few more would be nice. Really anything would be appreciated. Just revisiting some of my old ones with my new set up is good:)

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Mainly our own solar system for me including our own life giving star and not forgetting our own planets balance weight, the Moon :smiley:

Some nice hefty meteor showers will also be excellent.

I think I also may start logging my lunar observations

I'm in the middle of a slump. Every now and then I just can't be bothered to drag the scope out in the cold trying to see through the light and general pollution. Does me good though as I have a renewed interest when I do look into an ep again. A good star party does the trick too.

Several things I want have been mentioned. Lokking forward to all the plenetary oppositions. Still not ha a 100% confirmed GRS. Really must start keeping a log of my observations as I forget what I have seen often (age thing, hehe)

Two things are a must going into 2014 though, more dark sky viewing away from LP and erm what was it? Oh yes,

BETELGUESE TO GO NOVA yeahhhhhhhhh

Archived