Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The 30 Minute Challenge

Stevie P

Great idea. I decided that I enjoyed taking images of great objects more than taking a great image of a single object so have done quite a lot of 1 hour max shots. I'll post some when I'm back at my pc :-)

Helen

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea. I decided that I enjoyed taking images of great objects more than taking a great image of a single object so have done quite a lot of 1 hour max shots. I'll post some when I'm back at my pc :-)

Helen

Well done Helen, thanks for getting involved..

What a great idea for a cloudy night. Again !

This is one 30 minute sub frame. I hope you can recognise it ?

As a further laugh I decided on less than 30 minutes processing with no darks, flats or bias. I hope that's in the spirit of the game :)

Moravian G2 8300 and 250mm camera lens with 5nm Ha filter.

Dave.

post-493-0-98513900-1385583524_thumb.jpg

So can we just confirm the 'rules' ....

Is it a maximum of 30 minutes of lights, or is it 30 minutes total time including setting up, taking lights, darks, flats etc?

Cheers

Paul

The " rules" are 30 mins of lights... Everything else can take as long as needed .. I wouldn't even get my gear outside in 30 mins... Lol

That's great because as many others have said I wouldn't have got anywhere near set up within the 30 minutes.

Now all I need is to find a gap in the clouds that long :-)

Good luck with that... Misty as you like here tonight..

Well, I said I wouldn't do this, but I thought what the heck. I'm not a DSO imager, I've got a long focal length scope, I'm not guided (limited to 120 second subs at the most), I didn't use flats, or darks, I don't understand Photoshop, and I'm ginger, so go easy on me.... But here is my 30 minutes worth of data from last night of M76;

M76-stacked_zpsbe0d6991.jpg

Canon 6D, 120 second subs, ISO 6400 (yes I whacked it up), on a 180 Mak.

James

:)

Well, I said I wouldn't do this, but I thought what the heck. I'm not a DSO imager, I've got a long focal length scope, I'm not guided (limited to 120 second subs at the most), I didn't use flats, or darks, I don't understand Photoshop, and I'm ginger, so go easy on me.... But here is my 30 minutes worth of data from last night of M76;

I'm always impressed with what others can manage with hardly any exposure time.

The way I look at it is this..... You could do what I do easily enough, but I can't do what you do,

Dave.

Some lovely images here. I suspect there are lots of people who do a bit of imaging but never want to reveal their efforts as they feel they are too "amateurish" compared with some of the great work on here; i like the fact this thread give those people an opportunity [excuse] to show what wonderful stuff is being doing.

James

Archived