SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The 30 Minute Challenge

Stevie P

About 110 x 15-second subs, shot through a layer of thin hazy high clouds - don't seem to have cost me too much detail, though my stars are a little bloated. Cropped out a reflection artifact at the bottom.

Suggestions for improvement always welcome. :-)

post-32871-0-86732400-1386902910_thumb.j

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's one from last week.  Double cluster in Perseus.  18x60s subs.  ATIK460c colour camera on a William Optics 123FLT scope on an EQ6 mount.  Flats but no darks or bias.

post-374-0-32390200-1387313457_thumb.jpg

Clusters are a nice way in to astro imaging as they are better with short rather than long exposure and they can be easier to process.

Helen

I just wanted to take a moment to Thank everyone who has contributed to this thread, given the time limit there are some truly awesome images here...

So Thanks again and keep them coming..

Steve

Thanks for starting the thread Stevie P - it was a great idea. As well as enjoying looking at the superb images I've found it a very useful thread as I (probably like many) have limited time to spend taking astrophotos, so it's great to see what objects are up there that can produce reasonable results in a short-ish period of time.

For the people who haven't taken the jump to a scope, or tripod! Beautiful clear night, Nikon D300, 50mm f1.8 1600 for 25 secs (maybe shorter would be better) and delayed shutter so I could lay the camera on the lawn looking up...love the number of stars that appear

post-32965-0-32863100-1387707659_thumb.j

am i being a bit too prolific????

M1

only 22x30 second subs as cloud stopped play as usual.

really need to sort out guiding so santa, you better bring me an EQ6 pronto or rudolf gets it  :evil:

m1_clone_zps579becc6.png

Certainly Not... Keep them coming. I am envious of you being able to get out when the skies are clear, the weather down here in Sussex has been rotten, every-time there's clear spells the winds have been really high...

Too prolific... Definitely!

Though that might just be a tad of clear-sky-envy rearing it's ugly face!

Where is Partington... The Nevada Desert?! How come you have clear skies what seems to be every night and I have managed 2 frames in three weeks, that being last night before rain stopped play!

Great pics though, keep at it! And yes, you'll love a guided set up if Santa deems you to have been good enough this year!

Happy Christmas to all the under-30-ers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived