Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
At the same astro party where I shot the Pleiades and partially Iris + the surroundings, I started gathering data for M33.
For this image I used only a SkyWatcher 150PDS through which I recorded the photons on an ASI1600MMC.
Curiously enough, I shot ~3.5h of luminance there under Bortle 2 skies, but a simple STF in PixInisght revealed less details than in 4h of luminance (through a LP filter) shot from home under Bortle 6-7 skies.
Nevertheless, I put all the luminance together, I shot another 40mins of each RGB + 1h45min of Ha and made an image. A bit of colour only I also borrowed from an image I made 2 years ago, but in a small ratio.
For full resolution: https://www.astrobin.com/yqr8xe/
I've often wondered how my post processing skills have changed over the years, so I decided to find out by extracting some data which I acquired c2.5 years ago and performing a reprocess on M33. The LRGB image with an Ha blend into the red channel represents just over 15 hours and was taken with my ED80 on my NEQ6.
The main post processing differences are:
- I corrected for a slight camera tilt via PS, this results in slightly oddly shaped stars towards the edges of the frame. You should be able to see theses defects in the old image if you zoom in.
- PI's Photometric Colour Calibration was used on the new image.
- PI's HDMRT was used on the Lum to increase the contrast (before I used the PS High Pass Filter)
- PI's Dark Script Enhance was used to enhance the galaxies dust lanes.
So, still a mixture of PS and PI but now with more PI.
(My original result from 2.5 years ago is in the album Deep Sky II).
I've often wondered how my post processing skills have changed over the years, so I decided to find out by extracting some data which I acquired c2.5 years ago and performing a reprocess on M33.
The LRGB image with an Ha blend into the red channel represents just over 15 hours and was taken with my ED80 on my NEQ6.
(If you want to have a look at my original result from 2.5 years ago have a look in my album Deep Sky II).
LIGHTS: L:15, R:9, G:10, B: 12 x 600s; H: 15 x 1800s. DARKS:30; BIAS:100; FLATS:40 all at -20C.
My recent rendition of the Triangulum Galaxy (M33, NGC 598) in the constellation Triangulum at about 2.5 million light years, luminance, 20x5min., Atik 314L at -10 degrees, SW200P, guiding w/ 9x50 finderscope and PHD2, no flats, altogether 100min. worth of exposure. I had to do an awful lot of wizardry to get rid of light pollution effects.