Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Messier 33 - Triangulum Galaxy

JonCarleton

This is another in my apparent "see if I can do better" reshoot series.  This is 260x120sec. subs with a Radian Raptor using a QHY183C.  Processed with ASTAP (grading), Siril (stacking), PixInsight (general processing), GIMP (finishing, sizing and type conversions).  Once again, I recommend clicking on the image, as the thumbnail, large though it is,  does not accurately present the image for some reason

M33.png

Edited by JonCarleton
  • Like 2

I am fortunate for my area to be in Bortle 4.  When I bought this farm in 1996, I was tired of living in the city and took my plane up at night looking for the largest area of "dark" I could find.  I circled this general area on a map and brought it to a real estate agent the next day saying, "Find me something in this circle."  Back then, this was Bortle 2.  A shame I wasn't doing astronomy of any sort back then.

Thank you for your kind comment!