Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

1 hour ago, cosmicbug said:

Just missing the power and cameras!

Sitting back with a hot drink and waiting for the clouds to roll in!image.thumb.jpeg.eb2fe60ecb7fc9a4e179c65

Looks great Gain! Very nice set up. Hoping to get mine out later and give it a test run, but I'm just making sure the clouds stay away first. Exciting stuff :)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Soupy said:

Gonna have to give my new set up a run out as well. Must have bought right the cloud gods seem happy with my purchase and have disappeared!  :hello2:

20160210_101545.thumb.jpg.856497e54f5893

Woo hoo Soupy! Looks awesome! Fingers crossed it stops clear tonight for us all to get out and have a play :)

looks like we are all very excited about some clear skies!

mount and scope looks amazing Gain, lots of first lights tonight with all the kit we have been buying.

cheers Vicky, always said I would get one, just landed right for once on eBay. ;)

Backyard astro for me tonight too! Just made my fancy new 1.25 and 2 inch eyepiece extensions! They look great! Rock solid too! Gonna give the scope a quick collimation later and give it a whirl. The new extensions are shiny aluminium so I think some matt black paint inside them should do the trick in stopping any unwanted light reflections.

18 hours ago, Soupy said:

What size Dob you after Lee?

I was thinking of keeping the same size, 8", mainly because I got a bag for an 8" reflector for Christmas, and also portability. I'm not opposed to considering a 10" (if the price is appealing), but not sure my missus would approve if I got a bigger scope. Don't think I'd want to go any bigger than that at this time, storage is a consideration, as is the fact I need to drag it through a small door on the side of the conservatory to get it into the garden.

Cameras attached and powered up!

Amazingly, the skies are still clear blue! 

This night has been a long time coming. Good luck to everyone tonight and let's hope it's not another one of those evenings where we swear alot because of a premature end to proceedings!

Soupy- Are you all set? Do you need to borrow my 410 hd for tonight?image.thumb.jpeg.2cba0039353f0dabb61c11b

That all looks amazing Gain, would have been great to think on and borrow the 410 from you last night, but I have to rush around and go to Barnsley now and won't be back till after 9. 

Might just set up the HEQ5 and see how it goes I can then sort out the astrotrac next week up in Kielder :) I've waited this long a few more days wont kill me ;)

23 minutes ago, cosmicbug said:

Cameras attached and powered up!

Amazingly, the skies are still clear blue! 

This night has been a long time coming. Good luck to everyone tonight and let's hope it's not another one of those evenings where we swear alot because of a premature end to proceedings!

Soupy- Are you all set? Do you need to borrow my 410 hd for tonight?image.thumb.jpeg.2cba0039353f0dabb61c11b

Now that is very impressive

4 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Now that is very impressive

"Impressive" is kind of an understatement lol. Think my WO110 would look like a finderscope on that set up! Was talking to Gain earlier, and I don't think I could handle his gear even when broken into it's smallest parts. That scope is hugemongous!!! :)

Thanks Soupy - I'm so happy with my gear. Love it love it love it :)

Gain and Vicky, your setups are looking amazing!!! Ill keep dreaming for now lol!

Good luck to everyone tonight. Me and Lee are gonna get out in the back garden later. Might try a few pics of Jupiter later if the atmosphere plays ball. ??

Archived