Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Forecast for tonight looks good.

bomberbaz

But its not until after midnight and into the early hours til dawn. But wth, I am going to get out the scope anyway and have a good few hours searching out some DSO's and depending on wind, see what detail I can pick out on Jupiter.

LP will be at its lowest due to everyone being in bed and my boss will be ok about me being late in the morning. (self/emp has its perks you know :grin: )

Baz

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my boss will be ok about me being late in the morning. (self/emp has its perks you know :grin:

Likewise :)

I'll be happy if I can just see a star to test my first guiding setup (and even happier if it works, lol). Then it can do what it wants!

Just started raining here as forecast.

Managed to catch a glimpse of Jupiter again last night in a break in the clouds and that was it again.

But they have just said on radio2 that we are in for at least three weeks of cold weather,so whether that means clear frosty nights we will have to wait and see?

Looking at Sat24, Ireland looks like it might be in for a good evening. There's a big band of cloud over England and Wales though. It's possible some of it might shift east over the next couple of hours I guess. Unfortunately there seems to be another big band of cloud out to the west just waiting to follow it in :(

James

Just double checked and the cloud cast is still the same, also shows winds to drop down to about 5mph or less so really is looking good. I have made a list of things I want to view and I will be happy if I can hit 25% on the hit list. Time to get out the long johns :grin:

One thing about scopes is the Baader film (solar filter) you can buy. Got some today and will put some on the front of the binos and my brothers 5" Celestron he just bought. After all, astronomy is not really a night time thing.

I'll be happy if I can just see a star to test my first guiding setup (and even happier if it works, lol). Then it can do what it wants!

I'd be happy to see the house 3 doors down the street - thick dank wet fog here in Plymouth :sad:

Archived