Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Forecast for tonight looks good.

bomberbaz

well managed a feew objects but the mist is coming over in thick banks restricting me to Jupiter, just going to wait around a little longer in case Orion clears and I can see what I can pick out from there....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An excellent evening. l just got up after a latish session until 1.30 am. As mentioned earlier the clouds were gone last night but the mist/fog came rolling in and spoilt my plans. Of my target of 8 objects I managed 2 which given the conditions was excellent. I had a mixture target types ranging from easy to very hard (and quite speculative) but if you don't try!

Ok it was only Jupiter and Pleiades that I ended up viewing, which are easy enough but I still had a great time studying the beauty of these two bodies. I was using my new wide FOV EP for the first time on Pleiades and the results were superb and this helped make the evening all the more worthwhile.

I also tried a bit more star hopping practice which I was doing ok at despite the fact the end targets were simply not available due to fog and LP but that didnt stop me trying out the procedure. Also spent time learning more of where the constellations are and what is in and around them so again this added to the feeling of a decent evenings viewing.

If the fog hadn't spoilt it, I could have stayed out all night but the end result overal was a good nights viewing and I have my eye on Friday as a potential evening for a little more viewing.

Baz

Still waiting, here. There was a possible clear sky tomorrow night according to the forecast at the start of the week, but as the days have progressed it's become later and later, to the point where it's moving into Friday daytime now. Perhaps by the time we get to Friday it will be that night instead...

James

In Germany this evening, and tomorrow looks rubbish, but Friday not too bad. Have been trying to arrange an evening at my children's school for ages, it's supposed to be tomorrow but looks like another postponement :-(

Stu

I've been out since 5pm, clear night tonight in Rutland. Its about time. I Took a couple of wideshots of orion and jupiter with my camera.

Back inside now for SGL's second show. How they are going to fit "Everything" in tonight I don't know.

Had a crack at the Mars project on Zooniverse, found it difficult working out what objects were and marking them. Managaing to work on 10 photos.

Glad to have made the effort and participated in something as big as Zooniverse.

Archived