SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

RIP Neil Armstrong

GJBC

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember vividly, my mother dragging me out of bed in the early hours to watch the landing.

and the the "One small step" quote to my mind, is the most memorable out of the entire event and my life.

RIP Sir,

My mum was pregnant with me when he landed on the moon. My dad watched it all happen while my mum slept and as long as I can remember my dad used to tell me what a great year that was. Man was going to the heavens! I grew up in an age when as a kid I totally believed we would all be living in permanent bases on the moon by the end of the century. They were days of ambition when anything was possible and could be achieved if only we be believed. The words "This is one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind" must surely be one of the most memorable of the 20th century. Neil Armstrong was defiantly one of the reasons I grew up staring at the sky and wondering, "What's there?". An awesome man who will be missed. Rest in peace Neil xXx

Part of the Armstrong family statement "Next time you walk outside on clear night & see moon smiling down at you, think of Neil & give him a wink.

I've been outside for 20mins watching the moon peeping out between the clouds and thinking of Neil and the Apollo teams achievements. I'll give him a wink right now :smiley:

Archived