SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

RIP Neil Armstrong

GJBC

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The following was posted up by the NSC.

From the family of Neil Armstrong:

"While we mourn the loss of a very good man, we also celebrate his remarkable life and hope that it serves as an example to young people around the world to work hard to make their dreams come true, to be willing to explore and push the limits, and to selflessly serve a cause greater than themselves.

For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink.”

RIP

RIP.

I'm so sad.

If there is anyone out there who has not read detailed accounts of the moon landings, then you really should. Neil Armstrong was abviously a great hero, but when you know the details, it only makes him more awesome.

He stood at the pinnacle on the enormous pyramid that was the NASA moon program. Every stone in that pyramid was valuable, essential even, and everyone of them served their purpose. Neil would be the first to insist he was just one stone amongst millions.

But of course, only the truest, most perfect stone is chosen as the capstone.

R.I.P Mr Armstrong

Eternally remembered for a first accomplishment never before & never again to be repeated in all of human history.

To set foot on another world with courage, faith & almost impossible odds

Who could ever top that?

What a guy

RIP Neil Armstrong.

He was a true inspiration.

I just found out after reading the BBC news article, that when he retired from being an astronaut, he went on to teach aerospace engineering which certainly inspired more people in space exploration.

May our American members should start a partition to have his ashed send to the moon on the next moon probe and rename the proposed Altair moon lander to Armstrong lander.

I've just heard the shocking news, a very sad day, next time I see the Moon I will pause for thought in respect for such a legend! Speaking from the point of view of someone who can't even go to the cinema without having a panic attack, the fact that this man sat ontop of what was basically a fancy firework and blasted to the Moon! then landed on the Moon! then returned from the Moon landing safely back on Earth all with the computing power of a pocket calculator! well its super human bravery and skill! Mr Armstrong you will never be forgotten and will live forever in our history, RIP.

Archived