Narrowband

RIP Neil Armstrong

GJBC

Of all the people that DIDN'T cash in on their fame..... Neil Armstrong gets most of my admiration......

The word Legend doesn't do him justice.....

R I P

Sure have to agree with you there Jamie. Neil Armstrong was Modesty personified.

The memories of his achievement will endure even beyond his footprints in the lunar soil.

Ron.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neil Armstrong has passed away.

I can hardly write these words - I feel as though I have lost someone from my immediate family. If Charles Lindbergh was the hero of my father's generation, then Armstrong was certainly the quintessential hero of mine. I will never forget watching TV that night in July so long ago when "Men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon." In a real sense, it inspired me to my life in science.

Armstrong's family requested that we remember Neil this way:

"For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink."

I'll be out looking at the Moon tonight, but I'm not sure about the wink - there will be too many tears in my eyes.

That we went to the Moon in my lifetime is my delight and his glory. That we never returned after Apollo in Neil Armstrong's lifetime is our national shame. There is NO substitute for human exploration of the solar system. Every species ever created on the Earth has died here - if it happens to us, it will have been our own fault, and we will have deserved our well-earned extinction.

Our saving grace is that Neil Armstrong is not unique. This nation is chock full of courageous, humble folk who are ready to dare all for America, and for all the people of Earth. Thank God we have no shortage of people willing to put the flag on their shoulder, the helmet on their head, and climb into space on a pillar of flame and engineering marvels.

We SHALL see his like again... on Mars.

I'll be out looking at the Moon tonight - and I hope you will all join me.

Dan

post-11903-0-41953800-1345933100_thumb.j

I'm not old enough to remember the moon landings first hand, but I'm still in awe of the achievement. It saddens me to think that the number of living human beings who have walked on another world is now decreasing rather than increasing.

James

It was always said to me to live your life to the full as when you are on your death bed you can look back and say you did everything you wanted to do and you can die peacefully. Neil Armstrong sure went above and beyond that. A truly sad day but what a life to have lived. Not many people can say they walked on the moon and only one can say they were the first.

RIP Neil

It was always said to me to live your life to the full as when you are on your death bed you can look back and say you did everything you wanted to do and you can die peacefully. Neil Armstrong sure went above and beyond that. A truly sad day but what a life to have lived. Not many people can say they walked on the moon and only one can say they were the first.

RIP Neil

well put mate.

Archived