Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 7 CHAT THREAD

Kai

No it was per person ;):eek:

But im sure Daz will let it slip for a suitable liquid bribe :o

Ps this is a joke , well the per person is but the bribe isnt ;)

May be I'm mistaken, I thought the hog roast was per person, but the pitch price was per pitch.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the hog roast was per person, but the pitch price was per pitch

You are correct.

So haitch will be paying for one pitch and 30 portions of hog roast. Please send a cheque to MikeP at .... ;)

Mike

Sat here at SGL7, warm in the tent ;)

Said hello to Mark, Kev and Astrognome; I can see Adrian setup across the way.

Currently seeing if I can get a digital TV signal.. setup the mount ready for aligning.

Current weather:

post-22611-13387774977_thumb.jpg

You are correct.

So haitch will be paying for one pitch and 30 portions of hog roast. Please send a cheque to MikeP at .... ;)

Mike

I specifically asked them only to place vegetarian axe murderers with me. ;)

Pheww. Had me worried for a minute.

I've hired a marquee which I've divided up into 30 individual units which I've sublet to Hereford Council as a bail hostel. ;)

That's great it can go up next to the marquee I've hired for our annual parkhurst camping trip. decided to take the marquee as a few keep getting lost on the way to their individual tents.

That's great it can go up next to the marquee I've hired for our annual parkhurst camping trip. decided to take the marquee as a few keep getting lost on the way to their individual tents.

You know the rules on mixing with convicted criminals whilst on bail. ;)

Went over this afternoon to say hello to the early birds - AstroGnome, NickK, Photosbykev, Adrian Condon, Firefox, Stephenwilliamwatts, Noaksey and Steve Wolves all appeared to have settled well into the sunshine at Lucksall.

The site looks very nice, The cafe has had its room completed with glass screens and doors overlooking the River Wye. New cafe furniture arriving tomorrow.

We are all set for a great star party.

Mark

I have heard about using toilet tents as covers for set ups are these really big enough or am I being really stupid and they are just to cover the mount, I just can not see my 200p and HEQ 5 pro fitting in one, unless toilet tents have got bigger since I last had one

Spot of bad news today. The Mrs tested 24.8 on a blood glucose test ;) Should be 4 - 7. So she's off to see the quack Wednesday evening in Gloucester...just when she was supposed to be helping me put up a tent in Lucksall. Fortunately, she has her priorities right and so will be dropping me off earlier than expected then rushing back for her appointment. ;)

But...she will only be able to slow down a bit on the way past just long enough for me to jump out with the kit. Any chance of a helping hand to put the tent up if I don't have enough hands?

Spot of bad news today. The Mrs tested 24.8 on a blood glucose test ;) Should be 4 - 7. So she's off to see the quack Wednesday evening in Gloucester...just when she was supposed to be helping me put up a tent in Lucksall. Fortunately, she has her priorities right and so will be dropping me off earlier than expected then rushing back for her appointment. ;)

But...she will only be able to slow down a bit on the way past just long enough for me to jump out with the kit. Any chance of a helping hand to put the tent up if I don't have enough hands?

I don't wish to cause undue panic mate, but who recommended waiting till Wed? That's pretty damn high (and I'm a type 1 diabetic.)

I have heard about using toilet tents as covers for set ups are these really big enough or am I being really stupid and they are just to cover the mount, I just can not see my 200p and HEQ 5 pro fitting in one, unless toilet tents have got bigger since I last had one

My toilet tent is about 1m square by about 2m high. I'd have thought you'd have got your scope in if you parked the OTA vertically.

Andrew

I don't wish to cause undue panic mate, but who recommended waiting till Wed? That's pretty damn high (and I'm a type 1 diabetic.)

This was a Pharmasist's test. Proper (fasting) blood samples in the morning tomorrow and then talk to the doc hopefully with results on Wednesday.

This was a Pharmasist's test. Proper (fasting) blood samples in the morning tomorrow and then talk to the doc hopefully with results on Wednesday.

Fair play, hope it's just a spurious (or mars bar powered) result ;)

Not taking my toilet tent this year, I have severe tendonitis in my shoulder (just call me Igor) and I reckon gonna take me all day to set my main tent and astro gear up. Gonna have to rely on garden furniture bags this year to cover my gear.

Trailer is packed just waiting for thursday am to pack the car then Im away

Philj

Not taking my toilet tent this year, I have severe tendonitis in my shoulder (just call me Igor) and I reckon gonna take me all day to set my main tent and astro gear up. Gonna have to rely on garden furniture bags this year to cover my gear.

Trailer is packed just waiting for thursday am to pack the car then Im away

Philj

I was supposed to order a Greenwitch cover for my dob, but forgot. I have a nice kettle BBQ cover for the EQ mount. Worked well last year.

It fits mate, I've done it with that mount and a 200p. You may have to define a different park position within EQMOD with the weights horizontal and the scope pointing vertically upwards.

Or put it like that manually and move it back to the home position manually.

Where do you put the toilet?

It's far too good to actually ever have a toilet in it. More along the lines of private sleeping quarters for the dob. I don't think the scope would talk to me if I even considered it.

This year though I'm bringing the Mrs and daughter along and the scope will be able to share our nice carpet lined tent.

Andrew

If you need a hand setting up just give me a call.

Great tent erector, helped me get mine put up at the SSP in the rain last year. I would still be there now if Mike et al hadn't sprang to my aid. ;)

Hope the weather is better Wednesday when I get there Mike.

So far had a clear hour or so... managed to get polar aligned visually, aligned using align master and then the clouds descended. Currently sat with a large amount of cloud blotting all the stars out.

Managed to see:

* Jupiter - banded and planets, even managed to make them out with blurring at ~380x. Moons like a string of pearls.

* Venus

* Mars - finally managed to make out the mottling of dark

* M42, splitting the trapezium at ~380x is ridiculous. Could see A-D however the seeing wasn't stable enough for further fun.

Supposed to clear at midnight.. 7timer says tomorrow night is clear after 9..

Archived