Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 7 CHAT THREAD

Kai

Can I jump in with a quick question please.... Is the event on;y open to guys/gals who are staying on site. Would my dad and myself be allowed to drive up one of the nights and have a little look aroud? Dad is just getting over bowel cancer so a tent/caravan stay is out of the question this year (fingers crossed for next year thou). We would love to have a look around if that is ok.

Andy

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I jump in with a quick question please.... Is the event on;y open to guys/gals who are staying on site. Would my dad and myself be allowed to drive up one of the nights and have a little look aroud? Dad is just getting over bowel cancer so a tent/caravan stay is out of the question this year (fingers crossed for next year thou). We would love to have a look around if that is ok.

Andy

I am sure it would be fine, but if you are going to be driving out after dark you might want to park close to the entrance or mask your car headlights.

I am sure it would be fine, but if you are going to be driving out after dark you might want to park close to the entrance or mask your car headlights.

Thanks for the reply :)

We would aim to get there before dark.

Regards

Andy

....I never feel inadequate with my 4" F15, the focal length makes up for any feelings of apeture inadequacy :)..... l

Anyone who has seen or used your lovely 4" refractor will be looking forward to seeing it again Phil :)

It has a stature and presence that is simply not matched by the "lightbuckets" IMHO :icon_salut:

Andy,

Great to hear that you intend to arrive before it gets dark.

As you will be leaving after dark..... it is essential that you park close to the Reception building.

You and your Dad are welcome to view through my 10" Dob with a variety of eyepieces.

I can be found at pitch 1 Kingfisher....

Have a safe drive.

Cheers

Adrian

Actually LEGO should give these guys a job. A LEGO telescope will make a great first scope for kids.

I'm certain I'd have loved to be given a set like that when I was 10.

We've already got the shuttle set in the pic.

I somehow think they would be better off using lenses in the production model than letting a 10 year old loose with a front surface mirror :)

One week till I'm about ready to head off!

Woo hoo! :)

I won't be there until the Friday and I found out last night my friend can't get the Friday afternoon off work so we won't get there until around 6:30 :) and will be putting the tent up in a very hurried fashion.

Reasonably optimistic weather forecast:

UK Outlook for Tuesday 20 Mar 2012 to Thursday 29 Mar 2012:

A rather cloudy spell of weather is expected during the early part of next week, this cloud then thick enough for a little rain, mainly in the north and west. Conditions will then soon turn much more settled, during the second half of next week, with much of the following week expected to be mainly fine and dry. However, parts of the far northwest can still expect to occasional cloudier spells with rain at times, whilst across southern UK there is a small chance of a few showers later next week. Daytime temperatures mainly above average where conditions are fine, cooler during cloudier spells or where any sea breezes develop. Often quite chilly by night with a risk of a touch of ground frost or fog patches at times.

Anyone who has seen or used your lovely 4" refractor will be looking forward to seeing it again Phil :)

It has a stature and presence that is simply not matched by the "lightbuckets" IMHO :)

:) Thanks John, it'll be sporting its new trousers this year, I refinished the tripod from the horrible faux mahogany to something a little more tasteful and theres some more shiny brass bits for me to polish if its raining:):)

Anyone is welcome to come and have a look through just pop along

Im at the far end of Kingfisher Pitch 12 but you will see the scope from afar anyway.

Philj

Right, that's the motorcaravan through its MoT. Need to decide whether to try to wash off the winter's accumulated bird poo, algae and other mucky marks, or just to leave it as it is - less reflective that way.

Allan

Right, that's the motorcaravan through its MoT. Need to decide whether to try to wash off the winter's accumulated bird poo, algae and other mucky marks, or just to leave it as it is - less reflective that way.

Allan

I'm in the same quandary with my touring van Allan :)

I'm probably going to bring it "as is" and give it a quick wash down on the pitch when I've got some hot water on the go.

I'm in the same quandary with my touring van Allan :)

I'm probably going to bring it "as is" and give it a quick wash down on the pitch when I've got some hot water on the go.

SNAP !

My van's also a bit dirty, might bring a bucket and some Fenwicks Bobby dazzler :)

Battery is now out and charging but not had chance to check what is working/broken.

I have managed to leave the brake on all over winter so I think a 'test tow' (drag down the road until they free) may be in order :)

SNAP !

My van's also a bit dirty, might bring a bucket and some Fenwicks Bobby dazzler :)

Battery is now out and charging but not had chance to check what is working/broken.

I have managed to leave the brake on all over winter so I think a 'test tow' (drag down the road until they free) may be in order :)

Sounds a good plan :)

You will be just across the way from me according to the plan so I'll look forward to meeting you. We will have no problem recognising each other from our avatars :)

Archived