SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 7 CHAT THREAD

Kai

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I find out I'll let you know Jon. I suspect it won't be open beyond tea time assuming it will open today

Cheers. Actually tea time is fine as I'm only bringing cold food for lunch every day.

See you later...

Well Packing is going ok... considering ....

I got the essential emergancy food rations...

18 packs of Real Crisps (Roast Ox)

3 Multipacks of 4 finger kit kats

5 bags of Haribo Starmix

6 Peter's Corned Beef Pasties

2 large bars of Fruit and Nut (They must count something towards my 5 a day)

Vodka (Smirnoff Red and Blue - The Black is staying)

16 tins of Coke - For VnC

2 litres Lemonade, Real ICY Lemonade and Fanta - for mixers...

Disposable Plastic Cups

8 tins of Cidre...

OK so thats Thurday sorted what am I going to do for the rest of the weekend...

Peter..

A serious question

Can I use the Teamviewer VNC programme to remote my laptop from an iPad2 over wifi? At the moment everytime I fire up the Teamviewer app on the iPad it just tells me it isn't connected to the Internet ???

I didn't think it needed to be connected but ...

It works just dandy at home over my home wifi network

well the cars a mess, inside and out, I got clear out the boot to get my stuff in, leaving three twenty somthing year old's for three days might as well clean up now, only to clean up again when I get back, or leave it and hope they do it.

But never mind I can't wait to get there tomorrow.

Hi all

Question - who else is taking kids ? Mine are 10 and 8. don;t wsant them to be on their own. ..

Second question - Who do I notify if I expect to be coming in around 6pm ? The campsite website implies dire consequences for arrival after 6.. Never mind the astronomers.

cheers

Mike

Hi all

Question - who else is taking kids ? Mine are 10 and 8. don;t wsant them to be on their own. ..

Second question - Who do I notify if I expect to be coming in around 6pm ? The campsite website implies dire consequences for arrival after 6.. Never mind the astronomers.

cheers

Mike

My kids might turn up for the Saturday/Sunday. 13 and 8 but I don't think they will stay overnight.

Well that's 3 bottles of single malt bought and packed, a nice bottle of consistent 10yr old Jura, a Bowmore Islay which is a new one for me, Bowmore has won best distillery several times so worth a try and finally a nice 12yr old Old Putney. Next to pack is astro gear, only 1 day to go.

A serious question

Can I use the Teamviewer VNC programme to remote my laptop from an iPad2 over wifi? At the moment everytime I fire up the Teamviewer app on the iPad it just tells me it isn't connected to the Internet ???

I didn't think it needed to be connected but ...

It works just dandy at home over my home wifi network

You should be able to get it to work without an internet connection using fixed (or at least known) IP addresses...

That's very similar to my ration list Peter . My son is joining me on Friday and he's 10,saying that tho he will probably spend most of the day reading ( I'm taking the Nintendo wii incase he gets board ),so they won't be on their own badger

That's what I thought but .... I need help lol

Not sure about Point-to-Point without a router/switch/WAP in there though?

Looks like theres room to put the Vixen ED81S with it's Matched Reducer (Canon EOS Fit) Piggy Backed ST80/Synguider setup in as well.. it mught be a bit much for the EQ3-pro if it is and someone wants to try it they are welcome to borrow it...

Peter...

Good to know about he kids front. Seems there will be others. The other half was a touch concerned when I said they can go off and play in the 50 acres of woods or so.

On a more astronomical note - would anyone like to volunteer some critical assistance in checking my VC200 collimation. I think its good but I could really do with some second opinions. I'll make sure there are Jaffas available.

Mike

Archived