Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 7 CHAT THREAD

Kai

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no problem Adam thats if its ok with Rik

Collimation party :)

A Cheshire and Allen keys live in my EP case, but we should all probably talk to Tim, as he has a Quattro to practice on and they don't take prisoners :)

It is something best done in daylight.

Hmm.....

I think I'm going to "evesdrop" on the collimation advice too.

Ever since I dismantled my 10" OO newt for flocking I've not been 100% sure about the positioning of the secondary :)

It's always helpful to get a second opinion :)

I'm going to need to recollimate after I inspect my main mirror for damage after dropping the finder spreader plate on it the other night.

Took the finder foot off (to use it as a finder guider on my zs80) whilst holding the nut on the inside and I didn't realise there was a separate plate which then dropped onto the main mirror.

CLANG! - <insert stream of expletives>

:)

Looking from the top it doesn't look bad. I think it might have a little scratch but I can't tell because it's quite dusty so I'm going to remove the mirror on its cell and have a look-see.

ooo ooo and another thing I'd like to have a look at if someone doesn't mind showing me is drift alignment.

erm sorry I just got excited about drift alignment ... I think I need to sit down in a quiet corner for a second.

I've just got no feel for it whether I'm making too big or too small and adjustment.

T

ooo ooo and another thing I'd like to have a look at if someone doesn't mind showing me is drift alignment.

erm sorry I just got excited about drift alignment ... I think I need to sit down in a quiet corner for a second.

I've just got no feel for it whether I'm making too big or too small and adjustment.

T

I`ve just noticed that the April edition of Astronomy Now has an article on drift alignment.

By the way I'm arriving thursday, does anyone know what time we can arrive at the welcome tent?

Keith I am not sure what time the Hereford scouts are going to erect the welcome tent and the large marquee. However, there will be members of the Admin and Moderator team around to answer any questions. I am on site Monday, Tuesday and Thursday so can cover most queries about the Lucksall site and the local facilities in Hereford.

So what time are you expecting/or prefer to arrive?

Mark

looks like I had better put the kettle on

Best had Keith, I've changed my mind and I'll be bringing my 200p as well. Haven't used it much recently, it's got a different focuser on and I've never collimated it because I haven't got a clue what I'm doing and would make it worse. I have got a cheshire and some bob's knobs primary's to fit. Anyone up for a challenge? :)

Hi Mark

Hopefully I will be arriving at about between 9 and 10 am, Simon I might be interested in those adapters for the finder scope, Rik I think we had better set a time for this collomation session, so I can get the kettle ready.

Hi Mark

Hopefully I will be arriving at about between 9 and 10 am, Simon I might be interested in those adapters for the finder scope, Rik I think we had better set a time for this collomation session, so I can get the kettle ready.

OK Keith I'll give you first refusal. You can set it up and try it out if you have a spare SPC you don't mind using.

Really looking forward to my 4th SGL star party!

Having to travel very light - precious little space in car - probably just bring my 80mm refractor. So looking forward to perhaps having a peek through some of those 12" dobs....?

Still fiddling with disabling the indicators at night. With my last car, I just locked it with the key, but my recent car won't play ball. May resort to insulation tape.

Arriving around 6:30pm on Fri. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces.

Richard

Archived