Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 7 CHAT THREAD

Kai

So far had a clear hour or so... managed to get polar aligned visually, aligned using align master and then the clouds descended. Currently sat with a large amount of cloud blotting all the stars out.

Supposed to clear at midnight..

rain bank going through at 02:00 ish

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm around 45 miles SE of Lucksall and it's clear here at the moment. Looking in your direction I can see some cloud banks. Hope you get enough clear bits to have some fun !.

Looking forward to joining you on Thursday.

Hi folks,

This mobile connection great fun................

Situation at SGL 7 is as follows:

Heavy clouds, few glimpses of stars to the Southwest.

The great news is that the red house has no lights showing!!!!

.... or the clouds are very looow.

Have a safe trip here.

Cheers

Adrian

Decided that the safe option is to pack up for the night.. utility tent back up and just skimming the forums before I get some head down. Sandrine has already decided to turn in.

Interesting that there's a rain ~2am.. fingers crossed that the tend doesn't leak!

I think I know what you mean Simon, seen a utility tent on Go outdoors website for £39.99, I can get the HEQ5 with out the OTA and my ETX in one of my fishing bivvies might try this instead and just put the OTA on when I'm ready to use it. that way I can leave the mount set up.

Hi Folks,

Clear again between 23:15 and 12:30... the cloud covers part of the sky and then moves on. We have not got a completely clear view of the complete sky.

The Plough is directly over head, but all the stars to the South have gone, but stars to the West are better, but there is a lot of light pollution from Hereford given a low cloud base.

I am packing in for the night.

Cheers

Adrian

If you need a hand setting up just give me a call.

Thanks for the offer Michael and Pete, will see how it goes.

Really looking forward to this now, just got the shopping to do tomorrow then I shall be there thursday early pm.

phil (igor) j

Wotcha all,

I'm going to be arriving early afternoon on Friday. Can I be cheeky and ask someone to give me a hand putting my tent up (as I'm hopping around on crutches)?

I have done it on my own before but it takes about 5 times longer than it should and I need to lie down afterwards ;)

Looking forward to meeting you all, don't think I'll be lugging any imaging gear with me but I will bring the ED80/EQ6/Binoviewer for some quality visual (I hope).

Cheers,

Tony

Kev, can you give an opinion (and hope fully not a prior warning! ;)) on the food in the campsite cafe?

Cheers

Nothing to give an opinion on at the moment. They are waiting for chairs to be delivered and will be open from either wednesday or Thursday

I should be there by 10-10.30am tomorrow. Another disabled tenter for the video.

By the sound of things there should be just enough of us walking injured to make one able-bodied person. ;)

I should be there by 10-10.30am tomorrow. Another disabled tenter for the video.

By the sound of things there should be just enough of us walking injured to make one able-bodied person. ;)

LOL! My clue is in my username...Need to substitue "hopping" for "walking and it doesn't really count as an injury as I've been this way for over ten years now so it's the camping norm for me...;)

I'm arriving tomorrow too Tony and would be more than happy to lend a hand erecting that marquee of yours. ;)

Archived