Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

the only other conditions are :

• take any cloud at the time of your departure with you
  • leave any residual jaffa cakes or other cake/biscuit based products in a suitable receptacle - like lot 30 which is very convenient near the edge of the camping field.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All sorted. Have Jaffa Cakes. My 250px Flextube arrived today & will probably get first light at Shallow Grange. Will also have my 130p GOTO with a Baader Astrofilm conversion for daytime solar. And I'm spending this weekend building & decorating a bottle rocket with my son (who's almost 3)

I'm bringing the scope and binos and plenty buscuits minus jaffa's as I hate them.... Fingers crossed il be well enough as iv got flu!! Oh well, going to try pack a few things tomorrow and then go thru my list to see what else I need/want, definately excited now though just praying for clear skies :-))

I'm bringing the scope and binos and plenty buscuits minus jaffa's as I hate them.... Fingers crossed il be well enough as iv got flu!! Oh well, going to try pack a few things tomorrow and then go thru my list to see what else I need/want, definately excited now though just praying for clear skies :-))

I don't think the Jaffa cakes are meant for you to eat, lol

Maybe not rust monkey but I will bring a lot of others lol, fingers crossed I'm not flu riddled still, got a few days to rest some more I guess, finished packing my suitcase now so it's just all the big stuff to get from the loft and bring the scope,binos and stands downstairs and I'm sorted, feel free to pop in and say hello at pitch 14 touring field, I never know who I talk to here and who I spoke to last year lol, I don't need a sign as everyone knows who I am by my pic lol :-))

I don't need to pop in to see ya Kerry, we're neighbours, lol....pitch 13.

hope you don't mind Jack Russell's.....my little lad is like a whirling dervish if theres any fuss to be had. My missus don't bite either.

although she did growl abit when i bought my new setup.

Oh is anyone selling anything good this year?? Not sure what I want just something good to come home with lol doubt I will beat last year though where I got my scope lol :-))

...i hope to drop on a 16" that's going spare!!!!

As for selling things, I have a TAL 2M that I am considering selling. Not sure on a price but I have put it in the classifieds at £275 - would normally go for £150 - £200 but it comes with a new motorised Crayford focuser and I am open to sensible offers.

Ideally looking to exchange it for something I can get out a lot more easily - the TAL has sat in the conservatory pretty much since PSP2011 and I bet it hasn't been out more than half a dozen times - the new focuser hasn't even seen first light since I fitted in back in June or whenever it was. I'd be interested in a smaller frac or a decent dob in exchange.

It will obviously be available for as much viewing as you want next weekend :)

J.

I'm hoping to pick up an ra motor drive for mine actually coz the guy wanted to keep his when I bought the scope..... Neighbours eh?? Well that's good I have my own jack but he's staying home to look after my mum and the kitten lol, my other half will only bite if he's tired... But that's normally just at me lol.... I'm laid here arguing over how I put my tent up lol, I put it up when I got it but forgotten now but never mind, we will be there from 1pm onwards I should think :-))

A bit of a long shot this one, but is there anybody travelling to PSP 2012 from Cornwall? Newquay area in particular? I have just purchased a 6" Helios refractor on ye olde baye des fleases and it looks like I'll not be able to get it up to Castle Yeti before I head to Buxtonshire. I are beggin' a relay if there be anyone attending from Kernow way.... :)

Archived