Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shane - you can join Daz and Simon for the imaging day on Sunday - find out how real astronomers so their thing :) :) :)

GRRRRRR :grin: as it happens I am rescuing Daz's 12" f4 newt from a life of imaging slavery. it will be like a pit pony seeing the light for the first time.

OK, who's up for a bar at PSP2012? One of the people tendering for the catering contract can bring a bar as a value-add. Trying to get an idea how popular it would be (think I might be able to guess, though :) )

J.

I think it would be a good idea although hopefully I'll be too busy observing to be swilling down ale.

GRRRRRR :grin: as it happens I am rescuing Daz's 12" f4 newt from a life of imaging slavery. it will be like a pit pony seeing the light for the first time.

And I wanted you to help me to collimate my 8" newt properly to allow it some life imaging ! :grin:

Collimation and beer - could be interesting!

Really looking forward to this event now. Got a tent, got some bags and duvets, got some scopes.... . And only four weeks to go :0

the great thing about beer is that for some reason it makes the collimation tolerances much wider (I think).

Anyone willing to let me try 80mm ED refractor or big bins

Looking for a grab and go setup...

On mobile (excuse the strange predictive words...)

I should have my WO70 ED if you want a gander through it more than welcome

Perry, I am pretty much next too you on 31 - got my revelation 20x80s on a Manfrotto mount you're welcome to play with.

Yup, will do, to compare with my 10x50 whether it's a worthwhile addition.

On mobile (excuse the strange predictive words...)

Hi all,

good news - John Nichol (http://www.nicholoptical.co.uk/) has confirmed and will be running a hands-on mirror grinding and polishing demo on Saturday. I am trying to secure star party discount for miror & grinding kits at the moment - would anybody be interested and at what size?

Will be an interested spectator, however would not be able to do it at home...

REMINDER

Attandance in the Bottle Rocket competition this year is (near) compulsory. Please remember to bring your decorated bottles (1, 1.5 or 2l - 1.5 works best with the Rokit fins) with you. If you forget, we will have a stack of tonic bottles at reception and colouring pens you can borrow!

post-10421-0-11671500-1348074869.jpg

If you want to practice in advance to get that ratio of water and air just right, Rokit have kindly given us a 20% off discount code, applciable to everything on their website - details will be in your Welcome Packs that I will be sending out this week.

Big and little prizes for the best-dressed rocket, highest launch, most elegant flight and so on.

Happy launching!!

J.

Hi all,

good news - John Nichol (http://www.nicholoptical.co.uk/) has confirmed and will be running a hands-on mirror grinding and polishing demo on Saturday. I am trying to secure star party discount for miror & grinding kits at the moment - would anybody be interested and at what size?

will be great to meet John - he's a top bloke and really generous with his time.

Archived