Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reckon I can squeeze my TAL125r into my wee car if I leave the tent/Mrs at home... . On the other hand I can fit in loads of pringles tubes if I leave the TAL at home :).

Was planning to bring an 80mm apo on a minitower for Mrs MArki to play with, and I'll definitely bring the TAL125r and eq5 - gonna hire something a little bigger than my polo, so I canget it all in. Got the Friday afternoon off work, so hope to be there by 5ish.

Going to set up my tent and gear in the garden this weekend and test everything, so i;ve got time to sort any issues. Can't wait - week and a half to go!

I am bringing my 16" dob and that's probably all I can fit in my Rover 214 although I'd like to bring my 6" f11 too for solar. 'unfortunately' I am collecting a 12" too at PSP so may have to leave the 6" at home. it's always a aqueeze but I'd not be at a star party without the 16".

I have Jaffa cakes on offer for anybody who would be willing during the day to help show me how to setup EQMod properly and make sure its all working. would really appreciate some help. maybe we could make it a kinda lesson for anyone else who would be interested?

Can you get jaffa cakes in tubes?

Oh yeah....

post-10421-0-10098200-1349886984_thumb.j

I reckon a normal jaffa cake box would work well for the "build a telescope" workshop if anyone wants a go. Got a few "seconds" 50mm achro doublets you could use...

In fact, I feel a challenge coming along :)

J.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Revised final(ish) programme and catering times now published on the PSP2011 website.

Two hours set aside on Saturday afternoon for bottle rockets!

PLEASE HELP US OUT BY RESPECTING THE GATE OPEN / CLOSED TIMES WHERE YOU CAN!

Thanks,

James.

funnily enough I was actually thinking of such a sign so I can do some observing myself :smiley: . to be fair I got the scope almost to myself the first night last year as many were snoozing. make sure you seak with neighbours to ask them to wake you up if they are out and it's clear......

in truth, I enjoy the reaction of people looking through the scope almost as much as observing. after all I can use the scope anytime.

funnily enough I was actually thinking of such a sign so I can do some observing myself :smiley: . to be fair I got the scope almost to myself the first night last year as many were snoozing. make sure you seak with neighbours to ask them to wake you up if they are out and it's clear......

in truth, I enjoy the reaction of people looking through the scope almost as much as observing. after all I can use the scope anytime.

I feel like i more than my fair share looking through shanes dob last year, so i will let other people have my turn............any way there is marki`s 125r russian gem to sneak a look through :grin:

sorry can i get this straight as it's my first starparty and i do not want to upset anyone...i can turn up on a day ticket,set-up scope,gaze till say 11pm,then pack-up and head for homeis there a time that your not alowed to leave because of car headlights?...pls go easy on me!!

No restrictions, we make sure day visitor cars are parked facing away from the rest of the site to minimise impact; we also ask that you drive with just side lightson until you are a nearing the main road. Organisers and marshals will be happy to advise when you arrive.

Archived