Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

Only one say to go!

Bottle rocket assembled.

Car already packed.

Looks like I have a problem though, because I forgot to get any Jaffa cakes! Will need to go shopping enroute - I suspect that Buxton will be sold out of them (also flapjacks, mint viscounts....)

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's good news. Friday is looking rubbish for me, won't be there until late because I can't leave too early. Need to make sure the 106mm, giro and ep's are easily accessible in the inevitably over packed car ask I can quickly get that set up.

Stu

Oh dear that need lift to morrisons will definately have to happen then as I don't think il be able to fit any more stuff stuff in I.e beer lol, oh well I will see what I can do, got all my buscuits though :-)) got all the stuff I can all packed, it's just waiting for linden to come over tonight to get the stuff out of the loft and we will be ready for our lift to turn up about 12 tomorrow :-))

Ha ha finished work, nice long weekend now, bottle rocket special made (might blow up on launch :eek: ) just spending a few hours at my girlfriends then home to sort out scopes and stuff, should be there about 11 am :cool: :cool: :cool:

You don't waste any beer when you torpedo....that's why the end result is more fun.

you poke a hole at the base of the can.....put it to your mouth the pop the ring pull.............can get messy but you need to drink real quick as its gravity fed.

h

hope she's better soon.

Thankyou Moonshane. She is on chemo for incurable, but treatable glandular Lung Cancer. 45, fit, healthy, none smoker,m always ate healthily. But responding well. So god willing we may pull through. I have to look after two small kids so not easy. Anyway, I look forward to PSP next year and am resolved to go and enjoy myself then ! Have fun guys!

Hope everything works out for u kirkster and look forward to maybe seeing you next year ................... I'm all done with the packing and stuff, just got to get up,dress,put brush in bag and ice packs in carrier then I'm ready for my lift..... Seriously don't think I'm going to sleep tonight but we will see, think my tablets will knock me out for a little while at least lol......... See u all soon :))

You don't waste any beer when you torpedo....that's why the end result is more fun.

you poke a hole at the base of the can.....put it to your mouth the pop the ring pull.............can get messy but you need to drink real quick as its gravity fed.

lol I was imagining you having to shake it loads and somehow make it shoot up into the air! I think I know what you're talking about now... makes more sense as well. :)

On a slight tangent - If Jaffa cakes are the cake (biscuit?) of PSP2012, what is the beer of PSP2012?

Mmmm Beer - Mrs Marki wants a selection of real ales (she likes that weird Scottish hearther ale, or even better Youngs double chocolate stout!) so we have to stop somewhere to get them. As for me, generic red plonk and strong continental lager will do it :). May bring a wee dram in case it gets a wee bit nippy!

By the way, one of my wife's friends is severely disappointed in us...she thinks the snack/chocolatey treat for astronomers should be a Milky Way.... .

Well, off to do last minute packing then bed. Got to work tomorrow morning, but aim to get home at midday, sling (place carefully!) the 125 in the car and head off by 1ish - hope to be there by 4! See you all there :-).

Time for bed, up early shower and get car loaded for the big star party, will be dreaming about my new to me antares 80mm f19 refractor......shame i wont have it in time for the star party

ah so it was you who bought the refractor from skylight instruments on AB&S then!

i had looked at that myself!

Archived