Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

A bit of a long shot this one, but is there anybody travelling to PSP 2012 from Cornwall? Newquay area in particular? I have just purchased a 6" Helios refractor on ye olde baye des fleases and it looks like I'll not be able to get it up to Castle Yeti before I head to Buxtonshire. I are beggin' a relay if there be anyone attending from Kernow way.... :)

could you not get a courier to send it

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My pal has collected it in Newquay, but he says that he'll need to make a case to load it in. By the time he's got that done I doubt that there will be time, but I'm still hoping that he sorts it. Comms can be difficult as I'm sat in the South China Sea and GMT+8, if you catch my drift....

Hi folks

I note on the Peak star party web site `Please observe the gate opening times` but I can`t seem to find them. As I can only attend on the Saturday I see gates open at 11am but don`t say when they close?.

Cheersa

Steve

Gate opening hours are 10am to 2pm. You'll be able to get in outside those hours but may have to wait a few minutes while somebody walks down to meet you. Sat 2 to 4 when the bottle rocket competition is on might be a bit tricky!

The gate times are not set in stone but limiting then will allow the organisers to take part so we are asking for your help rather than saying you cannot cone in at other times :).

Thanks,

J.

as far as I am aware James confirmed the gate times in his last post "Gate opening hours are 10am to 2pm" but I suspect you can leave when you like as long as you respect the no lights after dark rule. if you have a large scope, I'd suggest organising help to carry it or ensure you don't set up far from the gate

Well I seem up to Thursday and that was heavy rain so hope we still have a bar coming or someone who can drive me to morrisons at least lol it's a cracker of a night out there tonight though, just let dog out and was like....wowwww!!! Shame I still have flu was tempted to get my binos out at least lol x

Ok, day tickets are pretty simple - arrive during gate open times one day and leave any time you like ( we don't need to check you out, only in) up to about 11am the next day. Cars are parked in the field below the Camping Field so let us know if you have any large kit when you check in so we can sort out loading and unloading with you.

Just started putting together an observing plan for the weekend and noticed that we have some ISS passes to look forward to.

Friday - rising due west and travelling eastward.

19:52 - 20:01

21:28 - 21:38

23:05 - 23:13 (low pass)

Saturday

20:38 - 20:49

22:15 - 22:24

Sunday

19:49 - 19:59

21:26 - 21:35 (low pass)

Cameras at the ready!

Just started putting together an observing plan for the weekend and noticed that we have some ISS passes to look forward to.

Friday - rising due west and travelling eastward.

19:52 - 20:01

21:28 - 21:38

23:05 - 23:13 (low pass)

Saturday

20:38 - 20:49

22:15 - 22:24

Sunday

19:49 - 19:59

21:26 - 21:35 (low pass)

Cameras at the ready!

Thanks for the heads up - reminds me to find a good ISS tracker Android app with notifications etc.

I've now found 'ISS Detector', very well designed and full featured.

A bit of a long shot this one, but is there anybody travelling to PSP 2012 from Cornwall? Newquay area in particular? I have just purchased a 6" Helios refractor on ye olde baye des fleases and it looks like I'll not be able to get it up to Castle Yeti before I head to Buxtonshire. I are beggin' a relay if there be anyone attending from Kernow way.... :)

Phew! My pal has posted the scope up this moroning, 48 hour delivery with insurance, so hopefully, all being well, I can bring it along. I really didn't want to lug the SNT over as the LXD-75 mount doesn't like it.

Archived