Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

Tut tut nightfisher lol, definately a big improvement though! I woke up at 5.30 and couldn't get back to sleep so thought I'd get up and make sure iv got everything lol

same here, 0530, wide awake, gonna need a kip when i have the tent set up

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sooooo excited I want to set off now lol!!!! It only takes about an hour if I remember right aswel so I am sat here trying to amuse myself with Facebook but it isn't working..... Could just eat a full English to set the day off right ;-))

Thankyou Moonshane. She is on chemo for incurable, but treatable glandular Lung Cancer. 45, fit, healthy, none smoker,m always ate healthily. But responding well. So god willing we may pull through. I have to look after two small kids so not easy. Anyway, I look forward to PSP next year and am resolved to go and enjoy myself then ! Have fun guys!

hope to see you next year in happier times although from what you say the prognosis is positive.

My tent and all my gear is pitched................im at home!!!! guess which dufus left his coat and ..........his EP`s at home....little box of circle T`s and BST`s shouting "dont leave us behind, we need to go as well", just about to do the journey again, at least i dont have to pitch the tent when i arrive :rolleyes:

Oh no! Not good Jules, though at least you discovered it in time. Hope it wasn't too long a journey?

Pouring with rain here :(. Still working so haven't packed the car yet :(:(. Long drive ahead, but will see you all tonight :D

Stu

Friday night was late to break but good from 2am until around 4:30 when the dew was too much for my scopes. Tonight (Saturday) there are no breaks in the cloud and its already pretty dewy out there right now. Time to open the wine and watch a movie on my MacBookPro and see if it changes in a few hours.

Had a great time at PSP2012 with my son and was great to catch up with fellow SGL members. Although the fog rolled in on shallow grange I did get to show my son the milky way on the way home once we were over higher ground. Another plus for taking bins!

Managed to catch sight of Polaris just after sunset last night - hurriedly went through my alignment routine only to find that I couldn't turn one of the altitude bolts as it was bent. After a bit of swearing and some brute force I managed to get it straightened enough to finish my alignment- just as the clouds rolled in fully! On the plus side it meant that I took the time to wander down to the Sky at Night team who were due to give a 'what's up' talk which turned into a very entertaining and funny 2 hour Q and A session. Well it felt like I was standing for 2 hours anyway!

Archived