Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The South Wales Lounge

garethmob

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold fingers are no fun.  I usually take a hot water bottle and tuck it inside the big front pocket on my hooded sweatshirt. It works great for keeping hands and body core warm when out observing for long periods or when away from home. A couple of hot water bottles transported in a thermal bag will keep me comfortable all night.

Old school technology, but it still works, even though some folks I know seem to find it funny.   :rolleyes:

Hi all 

Glad to see your all still here and enjoying your astronomy.    I have not been on here for ages so i take this time to say Hi 

been away loads but back is SW now and it is all going well got promoted recently so thing are looking up.

real busy though not much time any more. i am not even doing so much photography either   still things will sort itself out soon no doubt and i will get some time back.

anyway take care for now   catch you all soon

Grahame

Thought I'd post here first, to see if there is interest in the group.

At the moment, the long range forecast for next Friday night (April 4th) looks to be superb for a short notice observing session at Blaenavon. The Seeing, Transparency, and Pickering scales are expected to be  7 - 9  on a scale of one to ten, ten being best. The Moon will be just four days into its first quarter, so quite dark.

Edit:  Your thoughts ?

I'd like to go Mike and would have, but I'm at SGL9 next week . Hope we both have good weather.

Thanks Tony, I understand SLG 9 will be happening, and wish circumstances would have allowed Dorothy & I to also attend. Friday night might just be the ticket for one good evening of observing before the nights get lighter with the seasonal changes.

Karl, Bats, & Myself make three so far, anyone else ?

will go up Friday for a few hrs but working again sat/sun 12hrs so not toooo late for me

I will ask for a small bread pud , as some are away at SGL

have a nice few days away Tony, Dave  and Gaz  hope you get some clear skys and not To cold

Lenny

Archived