Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The South Wales Lounge

garethmob

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The moon has been the problem recently hopefully that's coming to an end shortly

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Clouded over in my neck of the woods, even the Moon is not an option at the moment. Would like to bag ISON within the next couple of mornings, before it reaches perihelion on the 28th ; don't know what chance we will have after that ? ? ?

I don't have any s-eastely views of the horizon from my house, is it possible to see an early morming appearance of ISON from Blaenavon before perihelion. I would probably give it a go if that was an option.

Not sure Tony ? ? ?

I don't recall what the horizon looks like low to the Southeast, however, I'm going to give it a go and head up to the site about 4:30 am tomorrow morning. According to my planner, Monday may be the last chance to see it, and on Tuesday only those observing under perfect conditions, a cloudless sky, an ultra low horizon, and no water vapor or dust in the atmosphere will have even the slimmest hope of seeing it.

So, I'm going to take a punt and, fingers crossed, skies will be clear at Blaenavon.

Although he forecast isn't good, I'm going up by myself anyway, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm traveling light with our 3 1/2" Mak. Its always nice to have company.   :smile:  I'll bring a thermos of coffee, and hopefully some fresh donuts if Lidl still has any this evening.  

Tony & I tried to bag ISON this morning, but the clouds formed a solid blanket along the Southeast horizon. A few patchy openings with the moon and a couple stars were all that were visible.

Hopefully we will all get a chance next month when ISON is on the rise ; if it survives ?

It was a brave effort on our behalf Mike, but it wasn't to be.

On the other hand it was great to meet up again for a chin wag, and a delight to have a play with the Questar Mak.

Thanks again for my gift, it will come in very handy. Hopefully see you again at the next meet. :smiley:

• 1 month later...

Archived