Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The South Wales Lounge

garethmob

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Guys,

My local Library is in the process of moving (go figure) so I have to travel to the next town to access a computer, lol.

Weather is hot here, but had a clear night and saw IO transit Jupiter through my old Sears 3" refractor; it's probably wishful thinking,

but I believe I saw the shadow with averted vision (???). Looking forward to coming back, been spoiled by the "real" cream filled donuts

in Wales.

Cheers !

Will be glad to see you back Mike, Please bring back some weather, it has been, well lets just say not been out for over 4 weeks.

Forecast looks better for the end of this week with High Pressure moving in, but guess what, its full moon again.

Stay safe mate

Pat

Hi All, 

A bit of good news.

According to several online forecast I've looked at tomorrow night (Tuesday/Wednesday Morning) looks good. Cloudless skies until 6:30 starting about midnight.

Good visibility, but high humidity.

The part I looked at was the Swansea Area, but it seemed to cover quite a bit of the Bristol Channel area.

Anyway

Fingers Crossed

Pete. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm much like you Sandra'. From my patio (out back) my sky view is from 145 degrees to 280 degrees. Very dark after putting up a removable screen.

Front of the house faces Swansea Valley and the North, but street lights cause a problem.

Pat:: Hope hope they make a nice job of your Patio.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Mike,

At least you will be above the clouds for a few hours  :grin:, Have a safe flight.  Just got around to answering your message, sorry about the delay.

Hi Karl,

Just checked the weather forecast for my area. Met Office (Swansea City FC, nearest location to my home), and BBC weather. Best I could come up with is 'Partly Cloudy' Sat night, Sun morning.

If anyone wants the link for your local Met Office forecast I've put it here :-

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/swansea-city-fc-swansea#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1401231600&map=Cloud.  (just highlight the lot;  right click and choose the goto option)

Enter the nearest location to your viewing site and away you go.  I apologize if this is common knowledge here or has been mentioned before. 

Cheers All

Pete.

That's really annoying! I metcheck'd aberdare literally 2 minutes before my post! I must be cursed!! For the sake of all who read this, I'm sorry I bought a scope! Think I bought the rain two, a sort of buy one get 364 days free!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

OK guys what to do?

Do I leave the money in the Bank earning 0.0001% gross or do I spend it on a scope.

Tough decision to make :rolleyes:

Will the wife believe me if I tell her it is an investment?

Answers on a Post Card :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Have a safe journey Mike, hope Karl's post above proves right and we can get out with the scopes as its been pretty miserable here lately.

Welcome home Mike. Have a safe journey mate.

Pat

Hi Mike,

At least you will be above the clouds for a few hours  :grin:, Have a safe flight.  Just got around to answering your message, sorry about the delay.  ........................

Pete.

Thanks folks,   :smile:

It's nice to be back. I'll have to do some catching up and get back in to the loop. 

Cheers !

Hi David,

Rain and clouds are kind of refreshing after the blistering heat I've been experiencing. It was 108 F

the day before I flew back to the UK.   :tongue:

Mike,

Trying to make us jealous or what ???  :laugh:  :laugh:

Pete.

Mike,

Trying to make us jealous or what ???  :laugh:  :laugh:

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Nope, not trying to make anyone jealous, lol.  :lol:

Life is a compromise, and I'm a cool weather kind of person.  It's clouds that are the biggest compromise in our hobby,

and that unfortunately comes with the cool climate we have here; but they do go away,  and when they do, I find I appreciate those nights more.

Edit:  Clear nights become a treat.   :smiley:

Hi Mike / Everyone,

Like I said before; great pastime, wrong country.   :grin:. (Thats only weatherwise of course.)

Hope you had a good flight Mike, and you have recovered from your Jet Lag. :smiley:   Received your message, thanks.

Catch you all later

Pete.

Pavlof volcano in Alaska has erupted, so far according to reports ash has reached up to 24,000 feet. The eruption is expected to continue for some time.   :sad:

Edit: Its located at 55* lattitude.

Hi Ant ::::::: Hope your results are what you expect; good luck  :smiley:

Hi Mike::::::: Don't think that will affect us, that ash cloud is way above the constant overcast sky we seem to be having.

Although, I did get a glimpse of the moon yesterday evening (naked eye). 

Cheers All

Pete.

Archived