SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The South Wales Lounge

garethmob

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Didn't go out last night, I have a job interview today, so it was an early night for me.

Although it didn't happen like that my baby girl is ill and kept us up most of the night!

I did take the bins out the night before, but it was pretty bad really.

The light pollution in my garden is pretty poor

:p

i got out last night (missed the posty with my megrez :'( ) so it was just imaging with my 135mm lens but they do look like their pretty impressive pics i got so we can see! the sky was beutiful crystal, hardly any wind i wish i could of trusted my car to go to a darker site to be honest

im going to be out 100% tonight with the megrez :) might get the video cam out too

i wont forget taffy_2 :p it be going into my car before i come! my car is "fixed" now, the altenator cable wasnt attached very good to battery so 1 of cells buckled, but all is not lost new battery for £40 and i got a 12v battery for my telescope nw :)

oooooo i bet jupitor will be nice tonight, it was all sparkly last night!

@kev one thing to think about kev, the kson remembers the date AND time after its imputted once, even when no power attached great as it saves sooooo much time afterwards :) one thing i had the idea about for your ED scope, once you find the focus grab some tipex and mark it on the focuser slightly, might help next time :p

Hope its good for you over there Kev! I was out late last night (got to bed at 3:30!) so as its supposed to be clear again tomorrow I might just have a short run doing some polar alignment tuning of the pier and maybe some Jupiter and then get some sleep!

have fun guys!

Helen

Managed to get out last night after work for the first time since spring :-) Worked through much of cygnus until about 1.30 when the skies clouded over.

I had a major dew problem which was a pain. My primary was fine but my eyepieces kept clouding over and were constantly wet all night. By the time I finished everything was just dripping.

Does anyone know how to keep the eyepieces dew-free? Or is it just a case of using an appropriate cloth to wipe them?

hello guys.......im going to follow with pats current meeting dates, but as we did last time, if another clear night is forecoming earlier or slightly later we'll pick that too

im going to pop up to the farm at some point this week, ask for promission, for obvious reasons.

i still havent had chance to go to paneltta :)

Archived