Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

garethmob

The South Wales Lounge

Off course you can post here, all are welcome.

You would so be welcome to our meetings at Blaenavon.

First meet for the new season is next Saturday

Pat

• Like 1

Off course you can post here, all are welcome.

You would so be welcome to our meetings at Blaenavon.

First meet for the new season is next Saturday

Pat

Welcome to the group.  We have an observing meet scheduled (weather permitting) for August 30th. The Meets are an informal gathering of observers with a variety of equipment; we all have a good time. 

sacked again :laugh:  :laugh: back out of work , glad to finish , fed up of getting up @ 5.10

I can stay up late now 22.00 woz a late night for me

Lenny

Time to chill out, and get back on Observing Time.   :cool:  

Don't worry about work though, got a machining project I'd like to run by you.

• Like 1

yes Mike time to round up all my gear and get back looking up that tube

see you next week and we will chat over the job you wont  doing , got one job on the cnc I cant move till I finish 2 more steps of programing and about to do the drawings this week

Lenny

Decided to give the shower a service, bought all the O rings needed from the supplier and watched a video on line on how to do it.

With my past engineering skills this looked like a 30 minute job. 4 hours later the bathroom is flooded, the shower only runs on Hot Hot  :confused: and I have to buy some expensive  bits to fix it grrrrrr

Now thinking did the shower really need servicing................answer NO :mad:  :mad:  :mad: :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  

Decided to give the shower a service, bought all the O rings needed from the supplier and watched a video on line on how to do it.

With my past engineering skills this looked like a 30 minute job. 4 hours later the bathroom is flooded, the shower only runs on Hot Hot  :confused: and I have to buy some expensive  bits to fix it grrrrrr

Now thinking did the shower really need servicing................answer NO :mad:  :mad:  :mad: :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  

That's a bummer Pat, but at least it wasn't Astronomy related.

Well, here we go again. Had the defibullater  fitted yesterday and as bonus picked up another 6 months driving ban :embarrassed:  :embarrassed: :embarrassed:  

Strictly garden until March now.  

Pat

At least the skies not going anywhere Pat and its better to get your health sorted as a priority - fingers crossed you get your transport back at the end of the winter 

Hi Pat,

Sorry to hear about the driving situation, but glad the doctor's got things sorted for you health wise. 

Time seems to fly by faster these days, March will be here before you know it. For the time being,

easy does it.

You are only a few mins down the road from me pat so i really really dont mind if we have any winter meets to give you a lift to the astro sites if i can attend.  got plenty of room in my landrover too :) 

• Like 1

The South Wales star party was a nice way to jump start the Observing season for me  :icon_biggrin:. We had one great night of observing (Friday) and both my Wife and I had an enjoyable time. It was good to catch up with old friends, and meet some SGL members, and place faces to names and avatars. If the weather cooperates, I hope to get a chance to do a bit of traveling and check out some new dark sites before the heavy winter arrives. As for now, its back to the grind on remodeling our future home.  :tongue:

• Like 2

I noticed SGL 10 bookings are open. Not sure if I should sign up,   :sad2: I'll probably be across the pond during March. 

Anyone here plan on going ?

Edit: Never mind, found the link.

Edited by L8-Nite

I'll be going, I see Dave is also going, also Helen. Justyn (redross) he'll be there and I'm sure a few others I can't think of right now.

Here's the allocations so far Mike.

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=144073

Thanks Tony, looking at it I think I'd better book for SGL 11 lol. 

Edited by L8-Nite

I noticed SGL 10 bookings are open. Not sure if I should sign up,   :sad2: I'll probably be across the pond during March. 

Anyone here plan on going ?

It's very different to the smaller events like Pencelli, but I've found people very friendly and I really enjoy it. It's how I met Dave and tich and ended up coming to Pencelli (I'll let you decide if that's a good thing! ;) ) Come along if you can :)

• Like 1

It's very different to the smaller events like Pencelli, but I've found people very friendly and I really enjoy it. It's how I met Dave and tich and ended up coming to Pencelli (I'll let you decide if that's a good thing! ;) ) Come along if you can :)

Thanks Kev, sure would be nice to attend, but Dorothy & I will have to take a closer look at our commitments for the near future.

I read somewhere that you may need to share a pitch?! How does that work and is there enough room for vehicles plus all the equipment on these double occupancy pitches? And is it half price?? Lol

well i am eventually taking the plunge and moving out and to a small flat  so all chance of me keeping up with astronomy is now finally gone.  no room for anything  might pop up top an event every now and again but for now i have to say thats all Follks.  

aww thats a shame Grahame,   maybe keep a pair of bins, im sure you will be welcome as always to any event or night out we have with out anything, i know the times iv gone up iv mostly left my kit in the car (mostly as iv forgotten the battery etc)  but please keep in touch! :)