SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

what binoculars do you own

jango fett

Helios Apollo High Resolution 15x70 & Helios Naturesport-Plus 10x50 . Both very good. Just got to get a mount for the apollos and I'd say they will going to take some beating then when mounted. They are very good now. Both are.

Getting to really like using my new Williams Optics 10x50s. Had a bit of a false start with the Barr & Stroud 10x50ED (discussed elsewhere) which was a shame because they are very good, The strange thing is that until now - if I could use binoculars without my specs I would - but the WOs  are so good to use with my specs its no longer an issue! I think its because the eyepiece lens' are set in a bit - it just works well for me - plus, of  course the eyepieces are huge which also helps. The WOs (smaller brother/sister to the BA8 Helios Apollo 15x70s) are just so nice and easy to use and the optics are very good making the most of the 6+ field of view.  Definitely a good buy.

• Like 1

I have one good binocular.   I bought them for birding and spotting wildlife with but have had them out to look skyward and they are very good.   In very low light, I can still see in the shadows and make things out.

Mine are the Nikon 8x32 LX Venturer model from about 8 years ago.    Small, lightweight and they have very good glass in them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...