Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

jango fett

what binoculars do you own

Helios Apollo High Resolution 15x70 & Helios Naturesport-Plus 10x50 . Both very good. Just got to get a mount for the apollos and I'd say they will going to take some beating then when mounted. They are very good now. Both are.

Really must look at getting me some Helios Apollo's. They would most definitely have to be the most spoken of and regarded kit on this whole forum!

Getting to really like using my new Williams Optics 10x50s. Had a bit of a false start with the Barr & Stroud 10x50ED (discussed elsewhere) which was a shame because they are very good, The strange thing is that until now - if I could use binoculars without my specs I would - but the WOs  are so good to use with my specs its no longer an issue! I think its because the eyepiece lens' are set in a bit - it just works well for me - plus, of  course the eyepieces are huge which also helps. The WOs (smaller brother/sister to the BA8 Helios Apollo 15x70s) are just so nice and easy to use and the optics are very good making the most of the 6+ field of view.  Definitely a good buy.

• Like 1

I was outside the other day/evening with my pair of 10X50 Bresser which i bought in Lidl for about £18. I'm still blown away with the quality and clarity of image that these bins have. Absolutely must be the best astronomy bargain i have ever gotten.

• Like 1

I have one good binocular.   I bought them for birding and spotting wildlife with but have had them out to look skyward and they are very good.   In very low light, I can still see in the shadows and make things out.

Mine are the Nikon 8x32 LX Venturer model from about 8 years ago.    Small, lightweight and they have very good glass in them.

• Like 1

Nikon Action EX 8x40 CF Binoculars and a cheap pair of 10x50s that I will probably get rid of at some stage.

I have my old tasco 8x30, the Lidl 10x50s and the pair I use the most my Helios 15x70s

Celestron 15x70s, Pentax 6.5x21s (close focus for macro) and a Bresser Sprite 10x50 monocular (surprisingly good!).

Chris

I have a pair of Bresser 10x50 that I got from Lidl 5 or 6 years ago. Last week I bought a pair of Zeiss conquest HD 8x42. I always thought the Bresser's were fantastic until I looked through the Zeiss!

My beloved Canon is 15 x 50s

Life keepers, in fact i want them to be buried with me so i can use them in the afterlife  :laugh:

I have 10x50 Olympus' just purchased a pair of orion 20x80 with heavy duty tripod expect the tripod will come in handy with both pairs though!

Nikon Aculon 10x50, incredibly sharp and bright for $120 Canadian, not waterproof but astronomy sucks in a rainstorm anyway!

• Like 1

Just received my first bins yesterday- Celestron 20x80's with a Horizon Heavy Duty tripod. Haven't had a chance to use them yet, since the local area is foggy enough to look like a Stephen King novel right now.

Opticron Imagic TGA 10x50; before that, various cheaper/larger, all of which were rendered redundant by the Opticrons. These go with me on any trip where there's the slightest chance of clear dark skies.

Revelation 15x70's for me for my first forays in to the night sky. Once I'm happy that this is something I'll stick and progress further with I will then invest in a scope/mount and other AP paraphernalia and more than likely upgrade the bins too :-)

Nice threesome Michael, the little guy is well dwarfed by the other two!

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

I have a pair of Nikon 10x50 binoculars (6.5 degree field of view) and I think they're nifty. 

P.S. I'm happy to see there is a binocular section on the forum.

- Kainushi

Helios field master 7 x 50 , wish I'd got the 10 x 50 but probably not that much different .