Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

what binoculars do you own

jango fett

Old pair of Charles Frank 8x30 (need colimating) now complimented by a pair of 8x42 ED Celestron Granite and used for the first time last night, oh my what a big improvement lovely visually saw so much more and very clean and bright. Pondered getting the 10s but glad stuck to the 8s as would have been too much shake if I had gone for more magnification and the 8.1 fov is lovely.

Got of celestron 15x70.celestron skymasters ive been able to see Jupiter and its four moons mars is alright you cant see saturms rings but it does have a oval shape to it doesnt have that disc shape like the other planets. star clusters are great to look at it telescopes spread them out just spotted alpha persei now I could add another notch to my belt

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a pair of Redfield Rebel 10x50s that are quite impressive considering the price. I just wanted something all-purpose to get started with and they fit the bill nicely. Eventually I want to get some more dedicated astro binoculars and I'm eyeing some of the 70mm+ Oberwerks and others.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pair of Canon IS 15x50s which I really love. I've used them almost every day since I got them. I recently got a pair of Olympus 8x21 DPC I that I carry in work bag. They came in useful yesterday for the eclipse with a solar filter from my telescope.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I've got some Boots 8x30's that were a birthday present to me probably about 30 years ago, and some 12-60x70's of unknown make that were a Christmas present more recently. Not the best for astronomy but both were free from my perspective!

• 4 years later...

Getting a binocular 25x100 bundle from Astronz in New Zealand and get them made to their specs as it's a shop run by astronomers and sell quailty gear with great customer service.

Everything I have read anything smaller your not getting the wow factor and 100mm are miles better than 80mm from what I have read.

So want the wow factor and if you can afford 100mm is the ones to go for.