Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

ollypenrice

ORION, 55 hoours.

That is incredible! Superb image.

It really emphasies just how many stars are out there, just look at it virtually every pixel (on my laptop) is a star! Amazing!

All the new people who are joining the forum and who want to get into imaging should look at this image to see how good things can get but equally, appreciate all the hard work it takes to produce.

James

Yes, I've just stopped dead in my tracks having seen this... I was compiling my shopping list.. but calculating investment & life expectancy I'm wondering if I have really left it too late.. :)

That's a truly spectacular piece of work. A great reward for hours and hours of work!

You really have excelled yourself this time Olly and worth every ounce of effort you have put into it. It's going to take a lot to top this one :)

Absolutely seemless, gorgeous and of course truly awesome.

Regards

Kevin

I am just sitting here shaking my head in awe. it's amazing.

top work Olly. to think this is all packed into a relatively small area of sky too (relatively speaking). if only we had ccd eyes.

I'm still not wanting to be an imager though :)

Edited by Moonshane

Absolutely love this and looks fine on my 27" Mac screen. Particularly love the detail in /barnard's loop and the witch's head. Superb!

Well Ollie, what a job that must have been, working with such a huge mosaic! I am surprised you survived!! :)

Largest area I have seen, I hope you had a VERY large G & T after!!!!!!! You earned it

Well Ollie, what a job that must have been, working with such a huge mosaic! I am surprised you survived!! :)

Largest area I have seen, I hope you had a VERY large G & T after!!!!!!! You earned it

Good idea Fay but as I have just had breakfast...

Olly

Nice one Olly!

Hi Olly,

I downloaded it. Stretch the **** out of it. Dave.

I was chastised for using asterisks instead of expletives! Following that, I re-read the rules and found that you can not put links to ones own website, yet lots of people do. I have followed several of these links and have found links to astronomy tours, suppliers etc.

:)

Stunning result Olly.:):cool:

The time you have put into shows in the result.:)

When you have finnished playing with the data don't forget to submit it to astronomy photographer of the year.

Mike.

Olly that it a fantastic image. Being solely a visual astronomers its great to cross reference astro photos with details in star atlases. In particular the extent of Barnard's loop and the Witch Head Nebula.

Thanks for sharing Olly.

Mark

Wow! You pointed me here from a thread in the beginner's section and I must say that is inspirational - if also very intimidating...

Congrats on finishing it Olly! Looked promising from the beginnings, and the finished result certainly doesn't disappoint; a real stunner!

I like that you haven't boosted the wide ha regions too much, it keeps the brighter nebula in contrast giving it a more natural feel.

Nice one Olly!

I was chastised for using asterisks instead of expletives! Following that, I re-read the rules and found that you can not put links to ones own website, yet lots of people do. I have followed several of these links and have found links to astronomy tours, suppliers etc.

:)

You are quite right. Won't do it again. It was my way of saying that no matter what I did I couldn't find the seams.

Dave.

Edited by davew

Well thats just truely wonderful, I cannot say any more.

John.