Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stargaizing live 2

Keithp

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought it was good but dara got on my nerves like i expected, i think it was targeted at complete morons like dara and jonathon ross, a bit too basic. But it did give some useful info especially that photography bit which i will be doing :eek:

I liked it, we should be glad to get something like this on tv, like nightfisher said we dont get many astro programes on tv.

By adding Johnathan Ross and Dara o'briain it will get more people to watch it just by adding that little bit of comedy, otherwise this will seem very boring to those not into stargazing....well thats what i think

Really enjoyed it as did my Girlfriend even though she isnt really into Astronomy...People need to realise that everybody has to start somewhere, if the programme was too advanced like alot of the programmes on the Discovery Channel then the masses and potential astronomers would just turn off. I thought the balance was just right and for a first live programme was executed rather well...Brian Cox was Great....:eek:

I enjoyed the show. Definitely more on the entertainment side than serious observing but I think it will get quite a few people looking up at the sky over the next few nights, which might just spark a lifelong interest. Good stuff!

It needs to lose the 'wish you were here' aspect as the Hawaii VT was like watching a 1970's holiday programme. I almost switched off at that point.

Once that was over I thought it was a good mix of visual and imaging at the right level for it's intended audience. I thought Dara was a good placement but Jonothan Ross just didn't work for me. I followed the live chat and it obviously generated interest from a wide cross section of the audience.

Personally I thought it hit the right spot, I thought it was well balanced with regards to explaining very well to the 'lay person' how the fundamentals of the Universe works gravity etc and how that affects our Solar System my Son and his friend who is visiting were completely entranced by the programme especially the bit where they looked at all the Science Fiction movies :-) where most of the ideas were proven to be not possible there was lots of laughter at Dara's comments, looking forward to tomorrows programme with the Solar Eclipse coming up hopefully there will be lots of info about the Sun and how stars determine whether we live on a planet that can support life..... And how special we may be on our Blue Planet

Interesting first night - I wished that instead of showing the laver from a volcano in Hawaii, they had shown us recorded the wonderful night sky from those mountain tops- then they could have made the point about light pollution ruining our night skies!

I too enjoyed it and my girlfriend did too and she usually rolls her eyes or switches off at most things Astro related. Plus i don't mind the comedy as i think that a bit of lighthearted banter cant help but draw in people who would otherwise not be interested.

Clear skies

Archived