Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stargaizing live 2

Keithp

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi Guys and Gals Firstly id like to say for me personally the show could have been a bit more intense shall we say with more astronomy. but listening to many of the public who attended the Cardiff Astronomical Society free stargazing live event tonight they enjoyed it, as it was not to involved for them and enabled them to understand what was being talked about and the enjoyment factor was there as well. Did we have much opinion tonight well yes we did around 500 opinions who voted with their feet and came along to our event at dyffryn gardens and i can honestly say i am horse and knackered and elated at the same time. it was awesome we had queues for all of our telescope and at times we had a queue to view in the observatory of over 40 people. so if you have an event coming up and it clear be ready it might be busy. so the program did one thing and the one thing it was intended to do generate interest and it done that through all age groups from apx 5 up to 95 (oldest person there tonight)

Well done The Beeb for getting it out there and giving us the opportunity to engage with the public.

After watching shows 2 and 3 at the weekend I think things improved quite a bit. The Solar stuff in show 2 was decent as was the look round the large UK scopes in show 3. Dara seemed to have been ordered not to not talk over Brian, or that's the way it appeared :)

Worth another run I think :evil6:

Archived